· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

Default sometimes i just hate doctors!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Was back in the hospital the past few days with my gf. She spiked a temp of 105.2 so i rushed her to the er. Basicaly what could have been wrong with her was an infection in her blood or heart.... Not fun. Any ways she got admitted into the hospital and the dr wanted her central line removed. He was insisting on it. Long story short. She had a fever of 104.3 when she was admitted, and by the time she was in her room she had a stable 99.0 and was stable. He wanted her line removed because he claimed he knew it was infected, even tho the cultures were still too young to say one way or the other. She said no, but he wouldnt stop. He said (at least half a dozen times!!!) If she didnt do what he said that he would not treat her and she would. After 3 minutes of that she was in such a state of emotional distress she couldnt talk anymore. He was arguing with me and her brother for 2 hrs at 2am telling us complete bs. Turns out the reason the consult said to remove the line is cause the dr who was arguing with us said she still had a fever of 103. After the 2 hr fight with this dr i ended up calling a friend of mine who works the er at the same hospital, he told me to have my gf tell him she wanted to be taken from his care. And to ask specifically for another dr. When that dr came on he was pleased we didnt remove the line and was furious with the other dr. Welp guess who showed up the next eveing..... Yep the first doctor. He was telling her to remove the line AGAIN. This is after the culture havent grown anything in over 18 hrs.... Needless to say we didnt believe a word coming from him and told him if he didnt leave the room wed call the cops on him.

In the end it wasnt anything too major. Turns out she had a slight allergic reaction to the cath flow she needed earlier in the day that caused her to get the fever. If she had that central line put in the only other place they could have put it would have been her neck and that is beyond painful... I was tok scared to sleep, because that jerk tried catching her alone when i went to the bathroom. We have opened a complaint against him and her insurance might want to take legal action against this jerk. She wont see a cent from it since shes on goverment ins. But its the principle of the thing. I dont think he will be working there too long, the consulting dr even joined the claim saying he lied in the reports.

I guess when it rains it poors.... I doubt this will be the last hospital stay we have tho.....
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ick. So sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully that doctor gets what he deserves. My mom has been fighting cancer since early 2012 and i've been pretty much her only caregiver, so i've spent more than my share of time in hospitals and with doctors. It's never fun but just hold out hope that it will get better. Fortunately her care team has been pretty great so far, esp now that shes at moffitt.

Mom's had a couple of those lines and the reason they monitor them so closely is that if they do get infected you can go from a fever to dead in a few hours. Whenever there's a major infection it's always the first thing they look at. But why in gods name he would be insisting it gets removed after her fever stabilized is well beyond me.

Not sure whats going on with the gf but you have my hope thats it's not anything to seriously and she will be better soon
    Last edited by FinalJenemba; 08-25-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear you all had such a bad experience. Just a reminder that we do have to stay on top of things and have at least a small idea of what's going on.
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    so frustrating that there are few really good doctors around

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Sadly there are some great drs around, but those are peppered with dirt bags like this one. She has her central line because it the only way she can get nutrition. She has chrones and shes 2 steps away from a colostomy. But now they are thinking she might have been miss diagnosed 10 yrs ago and they are just realising it now. The reason we were in the hospital 3 weeks ago was because she ate.bread... Its that bad. We have started a list of drs we feel like we can trust since we are most likely not done with hospitals.

It seems like every stay either a dr or resident (who introduced him self as her dr....) Is bad... The worst thing is she get super bad anxiety so if the dr or nurse is doing something she doesnt like shes like a deer in the head lights. So some one has to be with her 24/7 just in case. Thanks for the kind words every one. I basically just needed a place to vent that wont upset her lol.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 
    Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 
    Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I realize your frustration, but you probably should be mindful of what you post if there is a legal option pending.

Not all Doctors are great unfortunately... Unfortunately its hard for patients who know they are not as educated on the subject to feel empowered to request someone else. But you can always ask for someone else.. even when you just don't like the bedside manner.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My heart goes out to you guys. I have IBS and anxiety issues, and mom's dealing with ulcerative colitis on top of her cancer. So im well versed in these type of things and know just how much it sucks. If you need any advice or just someone to talk too feel free to pm me anytime.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

8. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Don't know if I am allowed to post this, but I will put you and your girlfriend and the other person and their mother in my prayers. It too, have been thru caregivers syndrome. If I hadn't watched everything they did to my late husband, I would have lost him years earlier. hang in there.

have a blessed day
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without

0 Not allowed!
    *Looks Heavenward*, I feel terrible for your, and your girlfriend's frustration and anxiety over incompetence. I know what that's like. I know what its like, won't go into details, but would love someone in the medical profession to stop telling me I'm "crazy" and realize I'm sick, that'd be lovely.
    2 10 gallon tanks, 1 20 gallon tank, 1 Fluval Edge, 1 29 gallon tank, and one backyard pond.