· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    It takes a couple of second for it to change number. If it turned into the red thumb your like has been registered. The red one is there if you want to remove your thumbs up.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    I just noticed these! I guess I have not been paying attention LOL.

Since I am still new here and trying to understand how all the features are used by the community, when/why would you use these instead of giving someone reputation?

0 Not allowed!
    There will be times when you cannot add to a person's rep, like when you have added to their rep recently...then you can give them a thumbs up instead
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Got it... is there a limit on how many of these you can use?

0 Not allowed!
    The thumbs up?...you can give a thumbs up once to each comment...don't think there is a limit, but not positive

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wgoldfarb View Post
    Since I am still new here and trying to understand how all the features are used by the community, when/why would you use these instead of giving someone reputation?
    There are times when it can be appropriate to give both. A thumbs up is a vote for the answer in it self. it might not be rep worthy but you still want to show your support for it. To show that you agree with the poster. Thumbs up is a public support for the post and help that post show up among the most popular posts. Thumbs up is more to reward the post itself.

Rep is given when you think a poster deserves it for sharing good information on the forum or otherwise making a good job for the forum. to give rep is more private since that is not shown in the post that you gave it from. About the users work and the post.

An example.
    Some one writes about how awful they think Afflec is going to be as the new Batman. I agree with it but it is not really rep worthy so I give it a thumbs up.

Someone post a long detailed answer to a question filled with good info. I give him rep and the post a thumbs up.

Does that make any sense.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    The thumbs up?...you can give a thumbs up once to each comment...don't think there is a limit, but not positive
    There is no limit. But if it is abused i might have to add one ;-)

0 Not allowed!
    Thumbs up is a fair bit more visible than the reputation star and also a bit more obvious. Think many will not even see or know of the reputation button.

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to that ^^^