· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Can't be as bad as Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.
    Yeah...that choice put a damper on all the Jack Reacher books for me, lol...I had Jack pictured (in my mind's eye) as a more rugged Tom Selleck type. And Jack is the only character - in that genre of fiction writing - that I enjoy reading about...

They have yet to find a 'proper' Batman...or Spiderman...even the Supermen haven't been quite right. However...they nailed it with Thor...and Wolverine...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    I kinda wish they'd leave Batman alone for awhile.
    Agreed! Leave it alone. I have no desire to see ANOTHER Batman movie.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Watch "The Town", if you haven't already. The Ben Affleck of recent years is probably not the one you may remember.

I think he will surprise a lot of people.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget228 View Post
    Ben Affleck is a good actor.
    Banned
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Kinda funny about the internet uproar over Ben Affleck being the Batman. The same thing happened in 2006 when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Affleck is a good actor, his recent roles have been pretty good! I think he can pull of Wayne rather well, which I actually think clooney did well, even if he was one of the worst batman's.

Ever since Ledger got cast as the Joker, I decided I would hold my tongue on a casting choice until I saw the person perform the role. Because Ledger, and even Keaton got a ton of heat when they cast, and look at the jobs they did? However, I don't think Keaton did a good Wayne, he was very awkward, at least in the first movie.

They wanted to an Older Batman, which makes me wonder they didn't go with a fan favorite casting choice like Josh Brolin...Also, they haven't even got to much into the plot of MOS2, I don't think were going to have batman out for revenge on Superman, that wasn't even how Dark Knight returns went about them fighting to begin with. The movies not out for another year or two anyway, they may even recast as deals can fall through etc.

0 Not allowed!
    Ben Affleck as Batman didn't surprise me that much and I can see it work, certainly no worse than some of the others. (but personally I still prefer the old TV show with Adam West).
    Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor, that one I totally did not expect and I'm rather skeptical to see if he can make it work.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor, that one I totally did not expect and I'm rather skeptical to see if he can make it work.
    That was somewhat of a suprise for me as well. And not my first choice. Of course I would have prefered to see a big time whimey reset button that brought back David so I was bound to be disapointed. (I want more Time Lord Victorious). Still there are a lot of seemingly better choices. We will see......

But I guess we should be to suprised. They seem to like people from the fires of pompei.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    If it's an older wiser Batman they want why not cast Clint Eastwood? Now thats one mean hateful vengeance seeking individual. Rock on Clint.

Ben just isn't it. Never will be.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

1 Not allowed!
    Clint's a little too old (you're thinking Batman Beyond lol). ;P Maybe a 60yr old Batman would work.

Personally, Ben Affleck can choke... I can't stand the guy. MOST of his acting career has been horrible, save for The Town (I haven't seen Argo). He single-handedly destroyed Daredevil and in most of his roles, he over-acts... He's not believable in nearly any part. He's also not gruff or burly enough to be Batman.

Now, there are many shades of Batman, which is why some would prefer the 60s Batman, vs the 80s/90s Batman and the 2000s Batman. Back in the 30s-60s, the comic was written with more humor in mind. It was much more ridiculous and the Bat Tootsie was accepted with open arms. In the 80s/90s, we started to see a more serious Batman in the comics. You can almost see the transition in the movies, since they gave the role to Michael Keaton, who was a less serious Bruce Wayne/Batman, but not ridiculous. Now the comics are overly serious and more comfortable with adult-themes, etc. That's why you had the no-hold's barred serious storyline/action in the Nolan Batman trilogy.

The culture has changed and the mainstream accepts the Nolan trilogy. Personally, I felt this trilogy was the best of the Batman movies. I thought the 90s versions were too "colorful" and unbelievable for the Batman I grew up with. Sure, I watched reruns of the series when I was a kid, but I was more of a comic fan than a fan of the tv show. I grew up with Frank Miller, the Dark Knight , Batman: The Animated series and the Breaking of the Bat (Knightfall w/ Bane). With that said, this trilogy really appealed to me. It was much more serious, like I preferred. It wasn't overly colorful (and horrible looking), you could believe the villains and Bale was perfectly cast, since he has the demeanor of a troubled millionaire/billionaire (already demonstrated in American Psycho), coupled with a believable physique for the part and capable of demonstrating the needed athleticism. None of the others were capable of anything he did - they were stiff, clean and flavors of the week (with exception to Michael Keaton - who was still stiff).

All of that being said... they should not be casting Batman again, so soon. It's frustrating to have adopted an actor that you feel plays the part perfectly, to have to adopt another one (especially one who has failed to be believable in most less-serious roles int he past).

Will Ben Affleck suck at being Batman? Probably. Will he be believable? Doubtful. Will I sign a petition on whitehouse.gov or change.org to get the President to tell Hollywood to reconsider? Absolutely not... The people in this country are so dumbed down, it's pathetic.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?