· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well I am kinda bummed, my cherry shrimp experiment seems to have failed. I had, as you know, two on each side. It seemed Mr. Purple and Mr. Pink had no desire to have them around and would go after them whenever they saw them. My hope was that with the cover I had provided and there speed that eventually the Beta's would grow tired of it and leave them alone. well for the past 3-4 days I have seen neither hide nor hair of my little shrimpy buddies. Well on to plan B, going to try and see if I a can some snails to work. I have a little bit of algae starting to set in on the divider so I will see how that pans out. Any suggestions on the best snail for the size of tank involved ( considering its divided of course). On the brighter side both of the Beta's are doing great and looking better. Pictures are forthcoming.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well that's a big fat Negative Ghostirder!! Just saw one of the Cherry shrimp hugging the side of one of the rocks, dang things blend in so well .. it took me a little while to make sure it was him lol. Well I am glad to see the little guy working .. still wondering if I should add a snail though. ( Where there is one maybe there be two ehh)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Chin up.jpgCherry 1.jpgSo after doing a little more searching I am certain the two shrimp on Mr. Purples side are fine and thriving, Mr. Pink is another story I cannot seem to find them anywhere so I am thinking the worst. Mr. Pink was way more aggressive towards them so it makes sense that he may have made a mid afternoon snack of them. I am trying a second experiment with little bigger and more durable tank mate.. the Mystery Snail! lol Keep your fingers crossed. I am hoping that the cherry shrimp were just a little to much bite sized and that the much bigger snail will not be so easy a prey item.
    Last edited by ctallant; 09-04-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well the snails were a complete win, at first they were skeptical but now they rarely acknowledge the snails existence! It's kinda amusing watching them bop around the glass and under the rocks. snail two.jpgsnail one.jpgMr pink september.jpg