· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    If you want another Euro entry...quick, fresh, healthy, and delicious.

Anchovy Linguine with Tomato, Garlic and Parsley

Cook the linguine and set to one side (having lightly dressed it with olive oil to stop it sticking together).

Get two or three tablespoons of olive oil warming in a pan (actually, this works best in a wok) with two cloves of very finely chopped garlic. Cook the garlic really gently (VERY low heat). Just as the garlic starts to soften and move add a can of anchovies (the cans here are small - not sure about over there) and stir them until they begin to soften and break up. Again - over a very low heat - you don't really want anything frying here or going brown. After about 5min you'll end up with a rich, garlicky anchovy sauce with no recogniseable "pieces" of fish.

Throw in the pasta and toss in the pan. Throw in a good few handfuls of chopped (you want cubes of tomato around thumbnail size) and deseeded tomatoes (I like to use baby plum tomatoes as they are rich, flavoursome, and sweet) - you don't want the jelly/seeds in them as this will make it too wet. Very quickly warm them through amongst the pasta but you DO NOT want the tomatoes to cook at all as this is a fresh tomato pasta recipe. In the last 15 seconds toss in a good double handful of fresh, chopped parsley. Serve.

This dish goes nicely with chili flakes sprinkled over the top if you like a bit of a kick. I've not really put amounts but this does enough for two.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Not suitable for a low sodium diet! should work with most kinds of pasta really.

Hey, since you're in the UK, do you have an easy cottage pie recipe?

0 Not allowed!
    Delia Smith is my tried and tested recipe: http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/m...ttage-pie.html

Although I've always preferred Shepherd's Pie. Lamb is so much more flavoursome! http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/c...ted-leeks.html

I do make a mean lasagne (my bolognaise sauce is rich and deep with a pancetta and chicken liver base)...but I'd need more time to get the recipe down here. Takes about four hours just to make it ready to go in the oven!

0 Not allowed!
    Have a look at my sauce recipe? It's the quick and easy version without pancetta and chicken liver.

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, that's decent...I do like a good spag bol sauce.

My lasagne is a labour of love though.

0 Not allowed!
    So's mine. I cook a big pot of sauce and my wife builds the lasagna. It's the thing for a lazy sunday afternoon. Bit like slow cooked beef really.

Brown on both sides. Add a Bay leaf. Few cloves, salt, pepper. A whole onion. Cover with half dark beer/half stock. LEt it tick over for 3-4 hours. Add a slice of bread with mustard on it half an hour before serving. Serve with potatoes and red cabbage. Best with a cut made for simmering with some fat on it.

Bit given the temperatures, how about some salads? Anyone for a good spinach salad?

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    I am absolutely horrible with salads. LOL What's yours?

And I'm getting frustrated with my stove... Tried to cook a meal I've done many many times... Supposed to cover the pot and let it simmer 12 minutes on low. After two it was bubbling up and out as if I still had the heat turned up. :/ Ended up having to cook it with the lid off and constantly stirring it to keep the sauce from burning on the bottom. Bah.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

0 Not allowed!
    What kind of stove is it?

Salads... nice thing about them is you can throw in almost anything. Spinach for example works well with a boiled egg, some home made croutons, a diced tomato and a quick oil/balsamic dressing (don't forget a pinch of salt)

Normal lettuce also takes sliced and fried mushrooms well or a can of tuna and some boiled green beans. You can throw almost anything at a salad.

Another idea, dive into youtube and look for nigel slater. That guy's really good at simple but tasty home cooked food and a lot of his recipes can be easily adapted to 1 person

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    It's an eletric stove.

See, for me... Growing up, eating salad was like doing chores. Something hated, hated, hated. Unless it was fruit salad (a can of fruit cocktail drained, a chopped apple, a chopped banana, all held together with sweetened whipped cream. Mmm. And if it was a holiday, my mom would make the whipped cream pink and add marshmallows and a can of orange slices).

I'll be sure to look him up!
    1. 2. (No Picture)

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    Awww, I'm sad. The main series for him isn't available for those in the US.
    1. 2. (No Picture)