· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    In this tank I think Harleys would look great in a 10-15 fish school and then pepper in some red cherry shrimp and a 6pack of dwarf cory and call it a tank.
    I'd call it a sardine tin. Not a good idea fora newbie. EEspecially without knowing water hardness. If the water is reasonable soft start with 6 or 7 and go from there.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    No was saying both. It's not that big and both are mid water dwellers.
    Still confused by your answer.
    So I'll refrase: In your opinion, could she do EITHER harleys or neons in this tank but not both together?
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Yes neons OR harlequins. 6-8 for starters. Assuming she's not in an area where tapwater is liquid rock.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes neons OR harlequins. 6-8 for starters. Assuming she's not in an area where tapwater is liquid rock.
    \
    Thanks for the clarification. IMO she could stock her entire school from the get go because she has fishless cycled. Again, just my opinion
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I'd call it a sardine tin. Not a good idea fora newbie. EEspecially without knowing water hardness. If the water is reasonable soft start with 6 or 7 and go from there.
    Nice to know they make metal 15gal tanks in Europe (though I totally appreciate the sarcasm)... Im talking end stock. There is nothing wrong with taking my low number, which is all of 2 higher than yours in a schooling fish of a low bioload, 6 cory which are fine in a 10gal tank (which can be added safely after a fishless cycle), and rcs which are fine in a 5gal tank... Add to this that there are tannins leached by driftwood (as is evident in pictures above) and that the animals I mentioned do fine in my liquid rock... *shrug* lets not go back into the whole hardness thing again dutchie. You still havnt provided anything to that debate of scientific validity as relates to aquarium fish.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Seems a bit argumentative there Sandz, are you really going to start this up again?. I love how if someones opinion agrees with yours or fishmom's opinion all is fine, regardless of validity, but if there is a disagreement you demand scientific proof with citations. Since some of us seem to think that keeping fish in water with a big difference in KH and GH than their natural environment is stressful, stressful indicators can be used to judge, such as general appearance and color. Dutchies fish are consistently some of the most beautiful fish presented on this forum... again not proof of overall health, but they are definitely not stressed in any way. My personal experience is yes, I have kept soft water fish in my liquid rock and they did well, but now that I have given them away and keep local fish in the liquid rock they are used to, the fish are gorgeous and live up to their full potential. My daughters experience is when she tried to keep soft water fish in our liquid rock they lived, but were always stressed. Now that she has Africans in our liquid rock the fish are beautiful, unstressed, breeding, and she enjoys the hobby much more. I realize this is just my opinion and you will now demand scientific proof from m, geez, where is Dave66 when we need him.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

0 Not allowed!
    I certainly am not going to start anything. After all what do I know?

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    Seems a bit argumentative there Sandz, are you really going to start this up again?. I love how if someones opinion agrees with yours or fishmom's opinion all is fine, regardless of validity, but if there is a disagreement you demand scientific proof with citations.
    Not exactly sure how I got pulled into this but I since I have, I'd suggest this debate be taken to PM's between Sandz and TD or a separate thread be started so as not to interfere with the OP's basic concerns

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Good suggestion fishmom.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Merry Christmas buddy! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas Sandz! - Taurus Happy birthday buddy! - KevinVA Happy B-day!! - steeler1 Happy Bday bud!!! - Hardy85 Have a little cake and ..... - fishmommie 
    .... beer.  Hope it was a good one. - fishmommie Happy Birthday!  Enjoy! - jeffs99dime I'll drink to that! - steeler1 Enjoy! - Hardy85 This one's on me... - Slaphppy7 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    HB1 - First arguminitive and insulted are for the reader to interpret. So to clarify I feel personally insulted that someone would claim that I recommended a new commer to our wonderful hobby by setting them up for failure and refrencing it as a sardine can. Second, demanding scientific proof is one thing. We had an open debate on this topic which you both were a part of. When I asked for further clarification on your side in attempt to understand or learn I was met with nothing to learn from other than opinions and inconclusion. Further more, to state that I am demanding of someone when your counterpart has been accusitory of others demanding video evidence on claims, well lets just not throw stones shall we? I respect your choice to keep fish in whatever water you would like but to claim that Harliquin Rasbora, dwarf cory's and rcs cant be kept in almost any tap water devoid of chloromines and chlorine is flat out wrong and unfounded. To go even further, petsmart and petco do it with a half salinity of salt water mixture. These fish should not be disqualified to a new commer to the hobby based on personal opinions of hardness of tap water.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's