· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: halting curent

0 Not allowed!
    Then yours must not be propagating very well. They shoot off sister plants with long stems under the water, while growing new leaves and growing a complex root system. They grow in a way that ties each plant together, creating a fairly sturdy surface.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    It's growing well enough - just I have a massive tank so not complete surface coverage. Oh I see what you mean now if you meant a completely filled mat of the stuff. I can now see how that would work - but it'd be to the detriment of any plants underneath as they'd block the light.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    Not entirely. I suppose I could take a pic of my 10gal rabbit snail/rcs tank. It looks a little ridiculous, since I'm using it for a grow-out tank and RCS + rabbit snail breeding, but everything in there is growing quite well - including a Rubin Sword, hygros, and alternanthera

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Could make something out of a plastic bottle like this
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=44359

Advantage is you don't have to wait for it to grow. Also clear plastic doesn't block light as much.

0 Not allowed!
    Good call. Haven't seen that before - that's a pretty cool idea.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    I've tried on before... And I wasn't really happy with it and couldn't get rid of sharp edges. I know many others have used it happily and with great success.
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am going to give that a shot! That looks great if I can get it to work. Love the idea about using gravel or moss etc for additional benefits. The way I was doing it was definitely slowing the current plenty but it was also slowing the intake of water/filtering. Can't wait to give it a shot.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've built 4 of those flow diffusers from gatrorade bottles. They are all on the 30 gal, and they are perfect. I was able to sand down the edges, and when the water level gets a little low because of the evaporation, they stop the current so it's not strong and the fish still comfortably travel to the upper levels of the tank. It stops my plants from becoming dislodged too. Highly recommend.
    Tanks: 30 gal community and 10 gal shrimp/community
    Journals Here