· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome. The last photo made me laugh out loud sitting here. What a face on that dude.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Nice, I wish I could have an 800 gallon aquarium in my current house if it wasn’t so small.

You should start a tank journal so I can live vicariously through you

Maybe it's good thing your office is not in the same room as that big tank. I don't know about you, but I sure would not get a lot of work done if my reef tank was in my office
    I didn't have any time when I came back, settling in, balancing work, and drawing the build for the tank and preparing the layout etc. Only half a year later have things calmed down with work for me to do other things, lol.

As for not being able to work near a tank, I agree. Even with the tiny nano at work, I'm always batting my eye at it wondering what's that little thing crawling? Is that a new starfish or a critter that I haven't seen before. The most amazing thing about reef tanks is there is always something crawling out that you've never seen before.

So, at home, to prevent myself from being too distracted from my tank; I keep the workstation in the basement away from it all so I can focus on working when I'm home.

Home Office 1.jpgHome Office 2.jpg

I may decide to create a journal soon for my upcoming project in my apartment. I'm still on the fence if I want to do a discus planted or another reef tank.......
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs View Post
    Awesome. The last photo made me laugh out loud sitting here. What a face on that dude.
    He's (assuming you're talking about the yellow one) a little over 3 inches long but he ate a silverside that's also 3 inches long! I plan on growing him out to his full potential.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow. Now that's a reef! Gorgeous!

I swam with unicorn tangs on holiday. They're so curious and characterful. How long have you had this specimen?
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

0 Not allowed!
    I love how you do not want to be distracted at work but have that big TV and music on hand. LOL

Hope you plan on posting tons of pictures as this progresses?

0 Not allowed!
    Distracted? Never. I always keep music or have something on when I'm working even at my office. :)

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~firefly~ View Post
    Wow. Now that's a reef! Gorgeous!

I swam with unicorn tangs on holiday. They're so curious and characterful. How long have you had this specimen?
    JJ, the uni tang was a gift from a colleague of mine for returning back to the states. I've probably kept it for about 6 months now. It's truly a gorgeous animal and he's about 14 inches now.

0 Not allowed!
    Here's the ones I saw in the wild. A couple of different species can be spotted I think. Not sure if this video will work as my Firefox won't play it (although Chrome will).

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    truly amazing reef. I can't even imagine what it took to set it up so completely and stock it so well.
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I love the last picture!
    Mom to 4 sons
    3 Kings and a Prince
    Wayne a Soldier
    David a Sailor
    Joshua an Eagle Scout
    Matthew 9 & forever the baby