· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

Default New (to me) car!

0 Not allowed!
    I've been looking for a new/newer car for me for about 2 years.

I've been driving a 2001 KIA Sportage since 2003. It's been a good car (despite some minor issues)...but is getting to the point where things are just starting to break on it...and I need something reliable when my 'helpers' aren't around to give me hand. And yes...I actually can use an SUV given the state of our roads around the acreage. I really wanted the higher clearance and the 4 wheel drive (vs. all wheel).

So yesterday I came home with a 2009 Wrangler Sahara (coupe). I bought it at a dealership...I don't mind paying extra to have it checked, serviced, cleaned, safetied, etc.

I had my search narrowed down to the Jeep Wrangler Sport or the 4x4 Jeep Patriot. I prefer a parred down car...but I do need air conditioning (gettin' too old to deal with a hot car) - so with the Jeep that was actually hard to find. They're either totally bare bones...or totally souped up. I was hoping for a 4 door, but ended up buying a coupe. For 90% of my driving the coupe will be fine, and easier to manoeuver in parking lots and is marginally better on gas (pluses) . The other 10% of the time (with passengers, dogs, or more 'stuff' than fits in the front seat) I'll just have to suck it up - I was thinking maybe I should just take the back seat out and hope I never have more than one passenger? LOL...

My old car was black (which is fine)...so I did want a colour change. Guess what colour the new car is?

Why did I get this one? Mileage isn't too high (75,000 km)...and it's in great shape. A couple of stone chips that have been painted over (to be expected)...that's about it. If you don't look too closely...it looks brand new. It drives well, the engine sounds great. For some reason it's had 5 previous owners (from smaller towns/cities). Frankly I can't quite figure it out...so I'm a bit suspicious (hope it's not a lemon). The salesman said it's not unusual - younger people will buy one...try it to see if they like it...and then move on to something 'newer' when they get bored...vs. people like me that drive a car for 10 years.

However, these 2 door coupes seem to attract teenage boys...and in my experience teenage boys are really rough on their cars...

Speculation on it's history aside...I'm still not sure this is the best option for me (I think I'm going to miss a 4-door)...but I guess I won't know until I try it.

And I feel like I should be a 16-year old boy...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new car!
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I'm still in the 'hyper' phase and bouncing around. I don't get a lot of new cars! :D

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad y0u didn't g0 with the patri0t, the sahara is a nicer jeep t0 me- it still l00ks like a jeep. It sh0uld last y0u a g00d while and I h0pe y0u enj0y it, c0ngrats.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

0 Not allowed!
    Enjoy the new car! I agree with L0ngsh0t, the Sahara looks more like a "real" Jeep.

You did fail to mention the most important feature of your new car: since you bought it at a dealership, does it have that new car smell?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats! I love wranglers! My pops has one from 2001 and it's a ton of fun to drive. Get those doors off as soon as possible, it's like driving a car from the 1940's! (which of course it actually is lol)

Did you get the 4 or 6 cylinder? Dad has the 4.0 inline 6 and it has catastrophically bad gas mileage.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    I'm glad y0u didn't g0 with the patri0t, the sahara is a nicer jeep t0 me- it still l00ks like a jeep. It sh0uld last y0u a g00d while and I h0pe y0u enj0y it, c0ngrats.
    Thanks! I hope it lasts at least 10 years! I'm on a 10 year car plan apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by wgoldfarb View Post
    Enjoy the new car! I agree with L0ngsh0t, the Sahara looks more like a "real" Jeep.

You did fail to mention the most important feature of your new car: since you bought it at a dealership, does it have that new car smell?
    It doesn't quite have a new car smell anymore...but it has a freshly detailed smell...and no bad smells underneath that...so I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalJenemba View Post
    Congrats! I love wranglers! My pops has one from 2001 and it's a ton of fun to drive. Get those doors off as soon as possible, it's like driving a car from the 1940's! (which of course it actually is lol)

Did you get the 4 or 6 cylinder? Dad has the 4.0 inline 6 and it has catastrophically bad gas mileage.
    It's a 6 cylinder...and I know it will be worse on gas...but I'm willing to pay that for peace of mind. I can carpool too...so I don't have to drive it every single day...

I'm thinking I might leave the doors and roof on...I was never much of a 'feel the breeze' sort of person...lol...

Drove it around the city today...and took the long way in/back home to see how it was on gravel. I'm happy!

...just still keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a 'good car'...lol...

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm happy for you Rue because you sound happy.
    You'll get used to the 2 doors. All of my cars have only had 2 doors and a hatch. And yes on camping,fishing and hunting trips if it's just me and my son, the back seats stay home. My dog doesn't have an issue sitting in the rear with or without seats.
    I hope she stays solid for you. That 5 owner thing is kind of weird as you said.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! It's good to know you can make it work for family use too!

The salesman mentioned the new tires on it...so I looked them up...Kelly Safari TSR. They have great reviews...so that's good!

Would they put that kind of an expensive tire on a lemon to sell it? LOL...I have to stop overthinking it...before I start figuring in a conspiracy...

0 Not allowed!
    Nice choice

If the back was big enough for our 180lb St Bernard, I would have bought one as well when we got our last car a little while ago
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]