· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heeelllllp!!!!!

1. Angry Heeelllllp!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
    I have no idea what this is see for yourself it has grown fast. Fish seems alright but this looks ugly, its pretty rough surface has hundreds of tiny bumps on it
    IMG00861.jpgIMG00862.jpgIMG00863.jpgIMG00873.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is this on the glass? Hard to tell from pictures what we're too look at exactly. Can you give us some more information about your tank. How long have you had it up and running? Any recent changes? When did you start seeing this growth? What are your water parameters? What kind of filter are you using? You should update your profile with some of this information and create/use a signature to help others help you with any issues.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 6 Blackskirt Tetras, 4 Red Wag Platy's, 2 Silver Hatchet's, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, 2 assassin snails.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the tank is a 65 gallon has been set up for 2 years. previously i had mbunas and mollies but mbunas killed each other. Since ive had black mollies lots of them. I tried goldfish in between(about 5 months back 6 goldfish) they all died within a month)the mollies continued to thrive in the same tank. About two months back i added 6 of these (i think they are silver dollars) 6 bala and 6 blue line sharks with the existing 8 mollies over 15 days (i exchanged 16 mollies for a price reduction when i bought this stock). I know its over stocked but all are juvies and i do intend to sell them back to the lfs once they start to grow out. the growth started 5 days ago. Look at the forehead(for the lack of another word). I didnt get "is this on the glass?" part.

0 Not allowed!
    What about your water Parameters, such as Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, as well as pH? And what is your tank maintenance schedule?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I do not have a water test kit but i do 25pc wc each week and 75pc each month. i have not been able to buy a test kit despite best efforts the only one i could find was 45000/- Rs ie $450 which i can definitely not afford.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by beettoo92 View Post
    Look at the forehead(for the lack of another word). I didnt get "is this on the glass?" part.
    Forehead / foreground https://www.google.com/search?q=fore...ient=firefox-a

I believe we're on the same page. I was not sure if I was looking at out of focus pictures and this growth was on the decor (background in images) or the picture looked out of focus because of the growth on the glass itself.

Along with water parameters, could you also take a couple more pictures further back from tank. Try illuminating the tank from inside (either light from hood or light pointing in from either side of tank), also turn the rest of the room lights off and flash off on camera as well.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 6 Blackskirt Tetras, 4 Red Wag Platy's, 2 Silver Hatchet's, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, 2 assassin snails.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

0 Not allowed!
    Seems like you went through a lot of different variety of fishes in that tank......

How did you clean the tank each time you started keeping a new type of fishes? Aside from providing us with the typical water parameters, what is the temp of your tank and do you QT your new arrivals at all? Are all of your fishes from the same source?

From the picture, that look like a white skirt tetra to me. Although a clearer picture would definitely help with what kind of fish that is along with diagnosis.

But my first guess would be lymphocytis....

You'd really need to know your water quality and I strongly emphasize on QT procedures.
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ijankrom View Post
    Forehead / foreground https://www.google.com/search?q=fore...ient=firefox-a

I believe we're on the same page. I was not sure if I was looking at out of focus pictures and this growth was on the decor (background in images) or the picture looked out of focus because of the growth on the glass itself.

Along with water parameters, could you also take a couple more pictures further back from tank. Try illuminating the tank from inside (either light from hood or light pointing in from either side of tank), also turn the rest of the room lights off and flash off on camera as well.
    I'm sorry for not making myself clear. Im actually talking about the fish you see in the picture which is disesased and has a lump like growth on its 'forehead'(which you can clearly see as a red spot in the picture) not a growth in the tank.
    The first picture is clearest.As regards to a better picture i cannot do so because the pictures i have posted are 4 of the best from the 39 i actually took from my camera phone.
    Last edited by beettoo92; 08-16-2013 at 04:51 PM.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spardas View Post
    Seems like you went through a lot of different variety of fishes in that tank......

How did you clean the tank each time you started keeping a new type of fishes? Aside from providing us with the typical water parameters, what is the temp of your tank and do you QT your new arrivals at all? Are all of your fishes from the same source?

From the picture, that look like a white skirt tetra to me. Although a clearer picture would definitely help with what kind of fish that is along with diagnosis.

But my first guess would be lymphocytis....

You'd really need to know your water quality and I strongly emphasize on QT procedures.
    The fish is a colored widow(https://www.google.com.pk/search?q=c...&sa=1&tbm=isch). Also in my previous post where i mentioned silver dollar in my stock i should have said colored widow.

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I figured that it was a tetra. Are yours dyed by any chance? I strongly urge you not to purchase dyed fishes.

But anyway, I think it's lymphocytis.

Can you move it into another tank for QT so it doesn't affect other fishes?

Keep up with excellent water condition. Prevent anything from stressing out your fishes and give them a good diet. Are there any cuts or open wounds on that fish? If there are, I might have to recommend some other meds to deal with secondary infections.....
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.