· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad to say my LFS does not carry or buy dyed fish. I'm sad to say that I do own some dyed glassfish,that I bought a couple of years ago when I didn't know. My LFS won't even take mine for free!!! That is how they feel about it

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I went to an aquarium store yesterday and saw a new (new to me anyway) twist on painted fish: For a fee you could have one or more tinfoil barbs painted with your name on it's side. They had some examples swimming around with names like "Mike" and "Jan" printed on their side.

Has anyone else seen this? I was kind of surprised because this store has a good reputation and is not the kind of place I would have expected to see something like that.
    29 gallon
    7 Brilliant Rasboras
    1 Harlequin Rasbora

20 gallon
    2 peppered cory's
    3 blackskirt tetras

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    you don't believe yesterday i saw some dyed BPs in the LFS with dyed lips and some flags painted on their sides and between them there was one with an earring on his tail root !!!!!! it was stuck into his flesh! how sad ...
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 03-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    80g Oscar Tank
    MTS cured!

4. Default i'm glad

0 Not allowed!
    A lot of the time when I'll go into a store they'll have signs up about dyed fish, hopefully this is a trend that we as responsible aquarists can kill off. If the stores stop stocking them hopefully the injectors will stop injecting them.
    Rav
    20G 4 pepper corries, two lil turtles from china town, couple guppies, couple zebra danios.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    2 pics i got from poor fishies ...
    it seems they are just 3 meaningless bars cocoa.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    80g Oscar Tank
    MTS cured!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray
    you don't believe yesterday i saw some dyed BPs in the LFS with dyed lips and some flags painted on their sides and between them there was one with an earring on his tail root !!!!!! it was stuck into his flesh! how sad ... http://qsmile.com/qsimages/252.gif
    wouldn't the ring kill the fish eventually? even stainless steel can rust...
    10g- planted freshwater
    10 gallon freshwater, planted tank
    1 Redigobius balteatus (rhinohorn goby), 2 Trichopsis pumila (sparkling gourami), 5 mircorasbora erythromicron (emerald dwarf rasbora), 1 Celestichthys margaritatus (celestial pearl danio), 1 Dermogenys pusilla (wrestling halfbeak), 6 amano shrimp
    lots o malayn needle point snails
    3g- freshwater
    java moss

Unhappy

0 Not allowed!
    I paid 60 For two dyed parrot fish i had no idea that sort of thing went on i just like the colour 1 pink 1 blue but thay went a orenge-gray colour!. How do thay get away with this barbaric and not to mention sick method of sales?

0 Not allowed!
    The standards imposed in our countries is not what is imposed in others. Cutting their tails off is a total mutilation, as well, and those are sold as Love Heart parrots.

But then, they may think we cruel as well when we loop off dogs tails and declaw cats by cutting off their toes at the first knuckle or chopping off dogs ears to make them stand up?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Those are the most disgusting fish I have ever seen.... Why would anyone buy those?????? Hmm....
    75 Gallon South Cichlid: Tiger Oscar and Jack Dempsey

55 Gallon GT Tank: 1 Male GT and 8 Giant Danio

20 Gallon Long: Waiting for eco-complete planted red substrate that has been delayed 2 weeks due to weather.

"Don't buy fish at Wal-Mart then go to your local fish store for help when they die. Goto your local fish store first and get educated. It will save you money and many many fishes lives."

Awards Showcase

Great addition to AC - Lady Hobbs Perhaps a beer instead? - Lady Hobbs NICE TANK! - Lady Hobbs U know your awesome!!!!!! - jbeining75 Very nice rift tank! Very funny jokes! - NickFish 
    Refund lmao!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for the support - jbeining75 Good luck with the JI!!!!!! - jbeining75 Right back at ya! - Hailey For help with my leopard geckos - jbeining75 
    to me - sailor Your second sets of stripes lol.... - jbeining75 to blow your nose lol..... - jbeining75 I won the lottery,thanks for the help couldn't have done it without you - kitten3326 Because I would buy you a beer if I could. - RainMan 
    For beating back the flu!!!!!!!!! - jbeining75 thanks for cheering me up xoxo - shalafi04 A Cricket and Strawberry slurpee just for you :) - shalafi04 gotta buy a beer for a sailor. LOL - ILuvMyGoldBarb knowledge + friendly = sailor! yar! - turkey151 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - sailor Autism - sailor 

0 Not allowed!
    Seeing stuff like that just turns my stomach. It should be outlawed, those poor fish.
    Sailor

Aye Aye

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast