· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I don't care for the glo-fish, either. Who wants pink, purple, green and rainbow colored fish unless they are supposed to be pink, purple and green.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt23
    That's completely crazy! Why would they paint a fish if they know that there is a 75% chance of them dying! I say that the natural attitude, love and fun of a fish is more important than looks. Matt23

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I don't care for the glo-fish, either. Who wants pink, purple, green and rainbow colored fish unless they are supposed to be pink, purple and green.

Personally I don't like the looks, but I have nothing against them.
    My lfs has been asking me to breed them

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Why would the parents let the child keep the fish if the child doesn't even know about taking care of fish?! I tell you...crazy kids, crazy parents...
    Matt23
    Proud member of A.C.

My tanks: 28 Gallon with 1 male yellow lab cichlid, 2 female peacock cichlids, 3 clown loaches, 2 German Red Cichlids (Male and female) and 2 male and female Blue Dolphin Cichlids. 5 Gallon as a spare/quarantine tank.

My Website chat about anything with full IM and PM available. Staff applications now being accepted!!

http://www.instantbulletin.com/forum/?mforum=cooltalk

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Its not that they don't know how to care for fish, some people just genuinely don't know they're buying dyed fish. When I was little I had 2 of the "Fruit" tetras. My parents had no idea they were dyed and neither did I until earlier this year when I found A.C. some aren't as obvious as others, such as the ones with tattoos. Not all parents who let their kids buy these fish do it willingly. My parents would have never, if they had known about the dying process. Sometimes I feel that the whole concept seems so dumb and cruel, people wouldn't even consider it as the reason their fish are colored.
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    All I have to say is....Sad, poor little fish, its terrible.
    !~*Shockshockshad*~!
    30 gallon
    Heavily Planted SE Asian biotope
    -2 SAE's, 13 threadfin rainbows, 6 White Cloud Mtn. Minnows and a dwarf gourami

12 gallon
    2 bamboo shrimp, couple cherry shrimp, 10 neons, 6 CPD's and 8 spotted rasboras

75 gallon
    South American tank
    -1 Firemouth , 1 blue acara

Awards Showcase

For doing such good research!! - Rue hehe. - Tolley nascar prize - sailor Happy Birthday! - squirt_12 For rescuing feeders!  Way to go! - Rue 
    Thanks for the rep! - robnepper To the only guy to quote himself! - Mr.Prototype Thinking of Noah & your family xxx - Fishalicious For your 1 year at AC xxx - Fishalicious Not enough gifts - The Red Severum 
    you need more! - The Red Severum one more! - The Red Severum won the lottery with your donation, had to buy you a beer - mrs fishpatrick Time for another round! - northernguy A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey 
    Here's one on the house, Nick. - robnepper Merry Christmas - Northernguy Thanks!! - Wild Turkey your info has been great the last couple of days - The Red Severum I appreciate your generousity! - Brookfish 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - NickFish Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NickFish Childhood Cancer - NickFish Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - NickFish 

0 Not allowed!
    It really is very sad.
    Personally I prefer the personalities of the fish over color. I'd take a nice interesting fish that's active, social and happy over a very colorful fish that just sits there doing nothing.

As for the parents not caring about the fish I see that all the time.
    Can't tell you how many times I've seen some happy little family come in and let their 5 and 6 year old kids go pick out whatever fish they want.
    Very often the parents tell their kids to buy feeder goldfish because they are cheapest. I can't imagine these fish lasting more than a week with such uncaring parents. And those poor kids finding goldie has died because their parents didn't want to spend the extra $50 to get a 10 gal tank and some easy fish.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    its awful, i like my fish natural, they look so much better how they were created

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganL3985
    To me glofish are just as bad as dyed fish. Anything artificially injected or altered to make it a "prettier" color.
    Glofish were actually zebra danios that had their genes spliced with jellyfish genes. This was done many, many years ago so they could be used to research pollution in waterways, as it made them easy to spot. When you purchase Glofish, some of the money goes back into the research. Other than thier color nothing else is adversly affected in these fish. If anyone is thinking about getting some, please do, help protect or worlds waterways!!!

Awards Showcase

a cool drink for a hot aussie day - Futureboy Just a gift for you and your betta! - Hailey your a funny person, - mitcore Woof..woof..!!! LOL! - Demi ^_^ yay to chat buddies - arkie 
    for being you :-) - mitcore little sis :-) - mitcore Here ya go - harls_aussie Thank you so much for your help in my time in need oh ty ty ty -FishMan14 - FishMan14 Have a gift! - Tolley 
    welcome back! - doug z Thanks for leaving a message on my blog xxx - Fishalicious For being a really nice person. - Brookfish A Lucky Yabby for you and your Mom! - Northernguy merry christmas - cocoa_pleco 
    A Merry Merry Christmas xxx - Fishalicious Seasons greetings, Have a great Christmas! - Brookfish Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas - travie Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Childhood Cancer - Demi ^_^ Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Demi ^_^ Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Demi ^_^ Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Demi ^_^ 

0 Not allowed!
    I absolutely HATE needles *Shivers* Poor wittle fishies TT_TT
    This is a very cruel act T3T

~ Demi