· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    was at walmart getting dog toys for my new dog, and a family was getting 2 new fish. not only did i tell them about the jelly bean tetras they were planning to buy being dyed and how, but i also got them to understand they couldn't get 2 gouramis and put them in a 10 gallon. their betta had just died and they were getting new fish. so they bought neither fish. :3
    artist page: http://metal-otaku.deviantart.com
    lot's of fish and aquatic themed art to be found. plus anime.

0 Not allowed!
    Good save. I wish most people would be that responsive to others. Here in NYC unless someone ask you for your advise they wont hear you out. Even if they ask you most of the time they wont take it lol.
    Roll the Dice!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by metal-otaku
    was at walmart getting dog toys for my new dog, and a family was getting 2 new fish. not only did i tell them about the jelly bean tetras they were planning to buy being dyed and how, but i also got them to understand they couldn't get 2 gouramis and put them in a 10 gallon. their betta had just died and they were getting new fish. so they bought neither fish. :3
    None of our walmarts carry fish anymore.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Couldnt agree more i have never and would never sell these fish to customers

5. Default Glow Fish

0 Not allowed!
    I have been seeing some very small fish in almost fluorescent colors ..hot pink, chartreuse, green etc. as well as some greenish "glo " tetras....are these dyed or bred that way?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    glo fish are genetically modified, not dyed or tattooed. But some people feel this is wrong as well. Personally i dont believe fish should glow unless nature designs them that way but that is my personal preference. Glo fish are not subjected to the same cruelties as dyed or tattooed fish. Just my 2 cents

7. Default eerily unhealthy glow

0 Not allowed!
    The glow fish just look eerily unhealthy to me.....whatever manipulations could possibly make a poor little fish phosphoresce!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by materbona
    The glow fish just look eerily unhealthy to me.....whatever manipulations could possibly make a poor little fish phosphoresce!
    Many generations ago a fluorescent protein gene from jellyfish was inserted into danio embryos and this became part of their genetic makeup and it is a trait that is passed on and on..
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I just bought a bunch of tattooed mollies and they look amazing. The store even had some with names tattooed on them, so of course I got a couple each with my and my gf's names on them. My favorites though are the ones with flames tattooed on the tail that make them look super fast when they swim. VROOM VROOM. Can I just feed these guys normal food or do they require something special to keep the tattoos?

0 Not allowed!
    When I was getting my new battery at Walmart the other day, I wandered through their crappy fish department......if you can call it that. And here is a tank full of blueberry and strawberry tetra's.

I knew better than look at their fish because I get angry every time then refuse to shop there again for 2 years. This is the only store I have dealt with that talking to a manager does not help, writing to cooperate does not help or calling them does not help. I guess you can not expect a store to care about fish when they don't care about their employees!

There is no reason to get these fish from China when these fish are bred in the US other than the fact they simply do not support any American companies. Jerks!

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast