· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breeders!!!

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, it could be that the GBR's are still just young. They were only in the tank about a month before I added the apistos. I'm not even sure what sex each of them is, but there wasn't much aggression between them.

I don't really have any place to move anybody right now either as my other tanks are either too small or too stocked. So I'll just have to wait and see. There are a lot of plants and a good size piece of driftwood. There's only one flower pot serving as the apisto's cave, so I plan to pick up a couple more this weekend.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    Kev, great news! The really nice thing to see lately is the transition of everyone to enjoy apisto species as well as GBR. It used to be the only fish recommended in dwarfs were gbr. Love seeing the diversity! Great set up Kev and I agree, female and male apisto. Those look GREAT! Ill have to have some fry when you can man.
    Agreed, man. It really wasn't long ago that Apistos were something rare that came up in "what should I stock" threads. I'm very happy to see this transition, as well. =]

Hopefully I can get some fry out of 'em. I expect it to be a tough feat in that tank, though.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Th0se Cacs are righteous l00king fish, Kev. I want s0me 0f th0se in the w0rst way. That male is g0rge0us (never th0ught I w0uld say that, but at least it's ab0ut a fish!). I saw a mega red at an LFS and they wanted $40 f0r it- it stayed there. I wish y0u all the best with y0ur new rigs and intenti0ns!
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Yes, it could be that the GBR's are still just young. They were only in the tank about a month before I added the apistos. I'm not even sure what sex each of them is, but there wasn't much aggression between them.

I don't really have any place to move anybody right now either as my other tanks are either too small or too stocked. So I'll just have to wait and see. There are a lot of plants and a good size piece of driftwood. There's only one flower pot serving as the apisto's cave, so I plan to pick up a couple more this weekend.
    You might be lucky. Just be weary of their knack for tank dominance and watch them as they grow. You might not have a problem or they might turn into tank terrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot
    Th0se Cacs are righteous l00king fish, Kev. I want s0me 0f th0se in the w0rst way. That male is g0rge0us (never th0ught I w0uld say that, but at least it's ab0ut a fish!). I saw a mega red at an LFS and they wanted $40 f0r it- it stayed there. I wish y0u all the best with y0ur new rigs and intenti0ns!
    Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I definitely got lucky with some excellent quality fish. Agreed on the male. ;P $40 for one cac mega red? That's crazy talk! If these guys have fry (and I can rear them), I'll help you out in that area.

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinVA View Post
    Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I definitely got lucky with some excellent quality fish. Agreed on the male. ;P $40 for one cac mega red? That's crazy talk! If these guys have fry (and I can rear them), I'll help you out in that area.
    Crazy indeed, I haven't been back since. I g0 t0 2 0ther LFSs that are far m0re reas0nably priced and m0re pers0nable.
    In that case....I REALLLLLLY want y0u t0 succeed, thank f0r kindness!
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, thanks. ;P

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Christmas!  Hope you and your family have a great one! - KevinVA Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 I can't send you a real one, sorry for your loses - steeler1 Happy belated Birthday. - steeler58 Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Sorry for you loss, wish it was a real one. - steeler58 It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA It's fish flake friday, like the old days!! - steeler58 Beer makes monday not suck so bad.. - Sandz In honor of Steelers 5k posts! - Sandz 
    Couldn't give you rep, yet, but you deserve it with your contributions in the Discus/Angel thread.  Thanks! - KevinVA T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Just for you being you! - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Have a Rummy nose for oldtimes sake ;-) - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Kev, I seriously can't get over how stunning those Super Reds are... just lovely!

0 Not allowed!
    I'm with you, Judi. That's why I had to get a couple of more. =] Love 'em!

So, I was able to get a few shots of the Apisto. panduro tonight. Of course, they waited until after I was done, to show off some bluish colors, which were awesome looking... That was at feeding time - it's funny watching them check out the different foods I try every night. They stare at it for a while, then they either decide to taste it or move on their way. Quite the inquisitive creatures.

Anyway, onto the pictures.

"Hey." Not the best head-on shot, but I liked it. ;P

I could only get a couple of pics of the black spots (panda spots) on one of 'em (I think the female showcases these colors). I really like these guys. They make use of the entire 20gal long and constantly graze on the sand. Definitely fun to watch.

0 Not allowed!
    I was also able to get a few more Sterbai shots - they're coming out a bit more. =]

See? They do swim!

Here's a group of them huddled in the Christmas Moss.

A close up of the big guy.

The colors are definitely beginning to show. This is probably the biggest one in the tank right now, though. He's about 1/2" - 3/4" or so.

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Good looking fish.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp, maybe a Mystery Snail

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"