· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Everything is grey :(

0 Not allowed!
    Alright I have been racking my brain for a week now trying to come up with a small colorful peaceful midwater community fish, with no luck. Current inhabitants are porkchop rasboras, danios, tricolor sharks, marbled angels, and apisto cacatouides (wild form) everything is silver/grey and the porkchops and danios school together so there's a cloud of silver at the top of the tank, few silver torpedoes shooting around the tank and then 2 grey garbage disposals that hang out at the bottom. Was thinking guppies or swords but they would hang out at the top. Pencil fish would be to bla and or skittish. Hate anything that glows. Don't think any loaches would work well. I'm just stumped. In all the years of keeping fish I have never came across a problem like this as its the first true community tank that has been in the house.

0 Not allowed!
    But the rasboras and the apistos are red, not silver?!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The porkchops are silver with a little orange line and a black spot. Apistos are wild form, haven't a spot of red of them.

0 Not allowed!
    How large is your tank?

How many of each fish do you have in there?
    46 gal fw tank with black skirt tetras, neon tetras, spotted corys, green corys, 1 guppy, cherry barbs, otoclinus, snails & 4 amano shrimp - plastic & live plants
    5 gal QT with green corys & 2 guppies

5. Default

0 Not allowed!

Think there's 12 porkchops. 9 danios. 3 tricolor sharks. 2 apistos. 5 angels.

0 Not allowed!
    The five angelfish will determine suitable tankmates, so that is one issue settled. Now you can consider "suitable" fish. I always seem to suggest some of the species in what is called the "Rosy" clade of the genus Hyphessobrycon in the characins. This includes the Robert's Tetra (H. bentosi) and Rosy Tetra (H. rosaceus), both of which will add a nice purplish-red colour, and they are peaceful and manage well with angelfish. They remain mid-water, perhaps slightly lower. Some have luck with the very similar-looking
    Bleeding Heart (H. erythrostigma) though a few have mentioned they can sometimes fin nip so this has reservations. Another suitable tetra is the Garnet or Pretty Tetra (Hemigrammus pulcher) which remains exactly mid-tank. Not particularly colourful depending upon your viewpoint, but I find them a real gem especially with floating plants which you should have with angelfish anyway.

The so-called sharks are trouble waiting to happen. More often seen under the name Bala Shark, the species is Balantiocheilos melanopterus and they will reach 14 inches, though some report 16 more likely. They will eat any smaller fish like the danio, rasbora, tetra. They should be in a group of at least five/ They are very active swimmers, and this is not a good match with angelfish. I strongly suggest finding these "sharks" a new home.

Byron.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.

Bala sharks are merely 2 inches. soon at they outgrow the tank they'll be moved to the 120 or 300. In 10 years of keeping fish I have never had/seen a problem with them being aggressive or eating another fish.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks.

Bala sharks are merely 2 inches. soon as they outgrow the tank they'll be moved to the 120 or 300. In 10 years of keeping fish I have never had/seen a problem with them being aggressive or eating another fish.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Don't know why it double posted.

0 Not allowed!
    When any fish fails to live up to its normal behaviour, it is likely because it is not healthy. This fish needs a group of five or more, and this is one issue. It will (or should) grow large. I'm sorry I can't offer more help.

Byron.