· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    I too use photobucket. It sizes the picture for you and then I just copy the link as talldutchie does and paste it in the attachment section in the "go advanced" tab here.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

0 Not allowed!
    First photo is the 70g flooded Amazon forest, second is the 115g Amazon riverscape.
    70g Apr 18-13 (2) (800x347).jpg115g Apr 18-13 (2) (800x386).jpg

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Pics are a little small but from what I can see, they look like some pretty bad ass tanks!!!! I'm hoping to achieve something similar someday. But wow, very nice tanks kermit58

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kermit58 View Post
    First photo is the 70g flooded Amazon forest, second is the 115g Amazon riverscape.
    Wow... great looking tanks! On the 70g, in addition to the sword and micro sword, what are the other plants you have?

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 and gift - mommy1 Thanks for the rep - Cliff Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior 
    Thanks for the gorgeous slide show! - fishmommie Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff It's a Sudbury Saturday Night, Cheers - Cliff Hockey finals can not be watched without a hockey pop or two - Cliff Thanks for the rep :) - Greentoads41 
    Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas - Cliff May you be living as high as the holiday hog this coming year! - Trillianne Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the Rep!! - steeler1 Have a Birthday fish!! - steeler1 Here you go sir, I just wish it had been a good game. - steeler1 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199 

0 Not allowed!
    Click the thumb nail and wait. The larger picture will show up behind the open thumb nail. It is worth waiting for trust me.

Awesome tanks Kermit58! I mean awesome!
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    image.jpg

Here's a picture of my 135g. I hope to one day have this tank as a love planted tank

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oops, I meant live not love hahaha

0 Not allowed!
    That tank would look great with some live plants in it!

Maybe your idea of a "love" tank is worth exploring. Oh wait... is that what they call a "breeder" tank?

0 Not allowed!
    70g Nov 28-12 (2) (800x363).jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by wgoldfarb View Post
    Wow... great looking tanks! On the 70g, in addition to the sword and micro sword, what are the other plants you have?
    Thanks for the comments everyone, much appreciated. The point in posting was to show what one can achieve with a very basic and simple approach. No fancy substrates (both those tanks are Quikrete Play Sand which happens to replicate the Amazon sands], no added CO2 (gas or liquid), and no messing around "cleaning" the substrate.

Plants. The two larger swords are Echinodorus major (far right in the back), and E. amazonicus/bleheri [which according to phylogenetic data is actually a variant of E. grisebachii). The substrate plants are Sagittaria subulata (the taller, far left and scattered around), Helanthium tenellum (the larger of the small plants) and a few Lilaeopsis brasiliensis which are managing better than I expected in this environment. Java Moss on the wood obviously. There are a couple of reddish-leaf sword variants that are struggling (light-related). Floating plants are Frogbit (thinner roots) and a couple Ceratopteris cornuta (Water Sprite, thicker root masses). I think that's it. This tank was set up this past March. Previously I had Flourite gravel and got fed up with it; plants were not better, and I couldn't keep corys in this tank because of the roughness of the Flourite. I did leave it alone for 2 years after setting it up, and the photo here shows what it was like before I tore it down and put in the sand. I thinned out the plants obviously. The previous photo was back in April, a month after I reset the tank; today the substrate plants have nearly covered the sand again.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. Your tank looks amazing!