· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default 65 gallon fresh water -Tank Log-

0 Not allowed!
    So I am working on making a mostly planted Cichlid setup. Yah I know its dificult to get Cichlids to get along with plants. I lined the bottom with dye free, fragrence free, chemical free teranium moss. I then used 3 bags of rinsed aquarium gravel .The layer of gravel is approximately 2.5 inches thick.I then added approximately 1 inch to 1.5 inches of crushed coral on top of the gravel. The crushed coral is a great ph buffer to keep the ph up for when Im ready to add my Cichlids. I rinsed some coral and placed in the tank. The red pipe organ in the center is approximately 13x9 inches. I havent measured it but the pipe organ is as tall as my head and even wider than it is tall. then to the left is a smaller white coral approximately the same size as both of my fist placesd against each other im guessing 5x4 or 5x3 inches. I have a rock decoration in the back ground. I planted 2 patches of baby dwarf tears and will be adding more on pay day . I want all of the crushed coral to be covered by ground cover. II will also add a large cave in front of the decoration on the leftt of the tank and a few smaller caves on the right side one behid the coral and one toward the front right corner . I have a few neons and a colombian shark/catfish for now. I still have a few weeks before the nitrogen cycle is completed.
    I take daily reading before each water change of 20 gallons. I use 4 5 gallon water containers that i get from the butcher shop.The butcher shop has a 5 stage filtration system insluding reverse-osmosis,charchle,uv steralization and more.REALY GOOD STUFF!!! I will post more photos as the tank comes along and will eventually have to move the shark since he will eventually need brakish water and finaly salt water when older.

0 Not allowed!
    Unusual! What's the purpose of lining the bottom of the tank with moss? I've never seen this before.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

~ 350 Litre Tank Journal ~ ~ 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am hoping the plant roots will entwine the moss. This way it might be possible to have a Cichlid planted tank.This is also why im waiting untill december before adding Cichlids to give the plants time to grow and send out their roots/runners.