· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 260 of 545 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 5443

Thread: Slap's 40B

0 Not allowed!
    They weren't horrible things I heard... just not great...

He sells a ton, so hopefully it was just two so-so experiences, I know the one guy bought some discus and claimed they were stunted... but then the one situation I actually saw the details on involved some black angels (beautiful fish btw - and Joe's were great) but he tried guilt tripping the guy that bought them into $37 extra to do overnight shipping. I just felt it wasn't the greatest way to offer overnight shipping with how he worded it.

Either way, I'd consider buying from the guy, but would probably have to go pick out some good ones for me lol

0 Not allowed!
    According to what I've read, Discus do not get as large or as colorful in the wild, as they do in the hobby. Feeding them a higher protein diet and selective breeding has kept them as colorful and as large as they are in the hobby. Could be what your friend got was just a Discus that wasn't as selectively bred... or possibly less jumps away from being wild.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

0 Not allowed!
    very true, would I buy from the guy - I guess, if the price was right

But the shipping thing rubbed me the wrong way, if you package fish well odds are very low that priority shipping would be a problem

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton View Post
    very true, would I buy from the guy - I guess, if the price was right

But the shipping thing rubbed me the wrong way, if you package fish well odds are very low that priority shipping would be a problem
    I agree. I've done priority shipping on several occasions. I've only had one bad instance, where every fish (6 BRBs) in one bag died. =/

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Default Slap's 40B

0 Not allowed!
    Eek! Priority would scare me. If I ordered fish by mail all the time I might do it for budget reasons but where I only order once in awhile I do overnight.

Good to know that you've had good experiences with priority though.
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

Must be beer time - mommy1 poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 
    it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady 
    Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    I've gotten shrimp, snails, and plants using priority with no problems, but I understand your concern
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    Hey FT, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

1 Not allowed!
    plants I don't have any issue receiving via priority mail. but fish? I think I would rather have the overnight treatment. Only time of the year I could think it would be ok to send them priority mail would be mid to late spring and early fall - other times of the year I think they would either be an ice cube or boil to death.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

2 Not allowed!
    Yea priority is ok as long as whoever is sending them is careful, insulates the box, heat pack, wraps the bags in newspaper etc

Awards Showcase

Must be beer time - mommy1 poor baby.  here's your beer after your difficult week - fishmommie And here' the box of tissues I didn't use crying because I feel so bad for you :o) - fishmommie have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 have a cyber-miller for 9,000 posts! - steeler58 
    it has been a rough work week and it's 5'o clock somewhere - cm12setx Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass 
    I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady 
    Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone,
    Well the anacharis in my tank was starting to look pretty shabby, and hair algae was growing all through it making it clumpy, so I yanked it out of the tank last night. I had to be careful, because it was full of RCS, they love the stuff. I'd like to replace it with something similar for the RCS to hang out on, but not sure what. There's still some anacharis in the 10 gallon that I could try to replant into the 40B, but not sure how that will work out.

The anacharis had taken up a big spot over/around the driftwood, and now there's a nice open space now that the fish aren't sure what to do with, lol...but, now alot of my RCS are in hiding, because they don't have their favorite place to congregate like they used to.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    I can send you some Cabomba, Parrots Feather or Rotala Indica if you want. I just took a trimming a few days ago, but these things grow pretty quickly. I could probably get you some out next week.

Page 260 of 545 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast