· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 257 of 354 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 3531

Thread: Slap's 40B

2 Not allowed!
    I switched the PFS from the old "wrapped" one I had to a solid one. RCS were getting into the filter canister, maybe because I had the old PFS cinched a bit too tight with the tie wraps, allowing the open cells to have pathways into the intake tube (I'm just guessing here)

Her are pics of the old and new PFS...hopefully the new one is thick enough to discourage my shrimp from entering the filter

sponge 1.jpg

sponge 2.jpg
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    No prob, I knew what you meant...your cat can open drapes?...all mine do is wreck the mini blinds, lol

Going to mess with the PFS on the Eheim here in a little while...remember we were talking about the "wrap" method I used for the original one?...well, apparently it's not working too good, had lots of RCS in the filter yesterday...I'll post a pic of it, and of the new one, here a little later
    You will get a cat that will do that for whatever reason. We had a big male cat that didn't like to be inside for long, we were moving to our new house so I let him in so I could take him with me when I left and paused to wipe down the counter, in that short time he had destroyed the blind on the front door.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    You will get a cat that will do that for whatever reason. We had a big male cat that didn't like to be inside for long, we were moving to our new house so I let him in so I could take him with me when I left and paused to wipe down the counter, in that short time he had destroyed the blind on the front door.
    He really wanted to get back outside!...ours just jump up by the window and play with the slats...enough to tear them up, of course

1 Not allowed!
    Yeah the new house had brand new metal ones and he bent the heck out of those, finaly decided he didn't like living with us and moved across the field to my parents house, LOL.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

2 Not allowed!
    cats can sure be a pain at times. We had a cat about 8 years ago, at the time it was a 3 month old kitten who would crawl under doors if you shut them on him (there was a 2-3 inch gap under it plus pushing the carpet down on the inside doors) and other things. But I just bought a brand new laser mouse for my computer as they were just being introduced and my older optical just died on me. But my cat thought it was a real mouse and less than a week after I bought I was doing some work and all of the sudden felt a few tugs on my mouse as I was using it, a few seconds later there was nothing and the mouse stopped working. I thought he pulled its cable out of the computer, nope he bit right through the cord. I never wanted to punt a cat so hard as he just destroyed my $70 computer mouse
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    lol, that reminds me of Christmas Vacation, where the cat was chewing on the electrical cord.

Yep, ours is about 1yr + a few months. We just adopted him several months ago. The previous owner had him as an indoor/outdoor cat, but they were right next to the woods. We're right in the middle of a pretty busy community and there have already been cats hit by cars, so we're keeping him indoor only. That's been a pain in the butt, because we have to watch him every time we open the door. He's escaped a few times out the basement door. Luckily we have a 6ft privacy fence, but still... he's not declawed, so if he wanted to, he could definitely climb his way out.

Just the other night, I was emptying my 75gal tank out to the backyard (via pump/hose). There was literally 1/2" of open door (it's a sliding glass door), just so the hose could fit. He just pushed/pulled the door open about a foot and ran right out. Pretty strong cat... Another time, I was letting the dog out and he jumped right over the dog to get out. lol
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

0 Not allowed!
    We have 3, they stay mostly outside unless it's really cold, then they come in at night...none of them are in the house when we're not here, though

We had 8 of them once...irresponsible next-door neighbor moved and adandoned 3 kittens, who quickly reproduced...finally got it whittled down to 3, some got run over, some ran off or lost during hurricanes, etc

2 Not allowed!
    We have 5 but we live on our 2 acre assignment in the country. We have a cat door so they can come and go. I got a surprise one night when one of the cats was looking at the back porch, "all puffed up". I got up to look and heard some rustling like a stray cat was trying to get into the dog food and came face to face with a mid sized Racoon! I didn't know what to so I grapped the silent dog whistle that was close by and "zapped" him a couple of times with it, he squeezed out the back door once he got his bearings, afterwards i thought, maybe that was not a good Idea, if it forgot where it was and rushed me, LOL!
    -Vince Lombardi

9. Default

1 Not allowed!
    We have 2 cats in the house and 3 in the barn. The 3 in the barn are squatters - they just wandered in one at a time. My hubby is a softy and started feeding them so of course, they aren't going anywhere.
    Both the house cats go outside all the time through the doggie door. In fact, that's how we got them. They were also strays and found their way inside and suddenly, we had house cats :o) when all we'd ever had before were dogs.
    We adore them... actually, so does the dog:o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, nerites & mystery snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, congos, kribs, clown pleco, snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

0 Not allowed!
    Lee, that's hilarious. The first thing you thought of was the dog whistle? lol Is that kept handily or something?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Page 257 of 354 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307 ... LastLast