· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 234 of 362 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3613

Thread: Slap's 40B

0 Not allowed!
    Next time you are able to drive to Petco (this summer) check and see if they have the bamboos...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Cool video!
    I know nada about shrimp, but all the talk is piquing my interest.
    ? Is that hair on its arms, to catch small food particles?

1 Not allowed!
    Those are its fans. They have 4 of them at the end of their appendages (arms). Then they have 6 legs.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I am kinda wanting a small farm of RCS to scurry all over the tanks.
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pRED View Post
    Cool video!
    I know nada about shrimp, but all the talk is piquing my interest.
    ? Is that hair on its arms, to catch small food particles?
    Thanks!...yep, Kev is right, those are "fans" that they use to catch floating bits of food, then they stuff 'em in their mouths...they also scoot along the substrate and hardscape, using their "fans" to scoop up stuff to eat...kids love them, when my daughter's friends come over they are more interested in the bamboo shrimp than they are the fish, lol
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 02-03-2014 at 03:52 PM.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    You might not have a farm of them by the time your gouramis are done w/ them. They might start hiding a lot more.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTundra View Post
    They are alot of fun, too...mine are breeding like crazy, not even sure how many I have now...I've got some pretty, bright red females that are pretty darn big, for RCS anyway

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    ...they also scoot along the substrate and hardscape, using their "fans" to scoop up stuff to eat
    Are they kept for that purpose, as part of clean-up crew?
    Or other?

Awards Showcase

Asking good questions, keep it up! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the tank move - Slaphppy7 Thanks for being the 2000th poster on the 40B! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Stay warm!! - DeboraBremner Here's to good friends, and new fish! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I don't have the Gourami's yet - I hope they do keep the molly population in check though. every 3 weeks or so it seems like I got more fry. The fry once they get to 1/2" to 3/4" will get moved to the 10 gallon I am cycling until they get to be an 1" long then I sell them to the LFS for store credit.

The 37 gallon though has alot of hiding spots on the ground level especially around the DW and large treestump decor thing I got. Along with alot of silk plants along the bottom. But I was mainly looking for most of them for the 10 gallon along with the fry. I might get a bamboo shrimp for the large tank if I can't house them with the Gourami's
    Current tanks:
    37G FW - 3 Pearl Gourami, 4 Black Mollies, approximately 20+ Molly Fry, 5 Assassin Snails | 10G Planted FW - 14 Molly Fry, rocks, DW and an Anubias Nana - journal
    "We come from the land of the ice and snow" | "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage | What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
    How to cycle without fishies!

1 Not allowed!
    You can try it, but I'm just giving you fair warning. I have 3 juvenile angels in my 40B and they've acquired a taste for RCS at a relatively young age (with small mouths). Gouramis have similar behavior patterns regarding shrimp. If you have a lot of hiding places, they'll definitely find them, but they'll likely stick close to those areas until they feel it's safe to move out.

The 10 should be fine and you can get a pretty hefty population going in there. =]

On a side note - they really are fun to watch. Love the way they swim through the water. Also funny is how they get overzealous and start thwapping snails on the head, when they're eating.

Page 234 of 362 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast