· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 184 of 347 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3467

Thread: Slap's 40B

0 Not allowed!
    My sterbais were three for 20 so a little pricier than yours when you convert it (although I am in London and fish here seem to be a bit more expensive than outside London).

I've not seen those Weitmanis before. They're great looking. They really stand out.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

2 Not allowed!
    I'd get 6 weitmani and call it good. Maybe down the road get a bigger tank. I too like variety (ck my profile page to see what I keep in my tanks) but if you think your overcrowding your tanks, don't take the risk.

Rehome those two platies, don't worry about the Rosy's right now, and you will be fine.

When you plead your case to your wife for a bigger tank, have this playing in the background, LOL.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget

0 Not allowed!
    ^^ Too bad I can only give that video, and your post, 1 thumbs up...but the corys run and hide, like firefly and me were talking about earlier

Who contributes happily to the bioload in a greater amount, tetras or corys?

Discuss...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

No Message - talldutchie Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 This Holiday Swine hopes your 2014 will be simply divine! - Trillianne Thanks again for your help yesterday - Slaphppy7 
    Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Mommy1. - Strider199 Cheers.  Have some of my hang-over cure. Happy New Year - Cliff Happy New Year! - KingFisher Happy Birthday. - Taurus 
    Happy Birthday. - gadget228 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Looks like its time for a second cup! - Trillianne always fun - Surfdog thanks for sweetening the pot! - fishmommie 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 for putting up with my bad timing - Cliff Congrats on MOTM. - gadget228 For most awesome avatar of the day. lol  Love it. - KevinVA Thank you so much for the Rep!! - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    The larger and/or more active of the two species will have the bigger bio-load.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

5. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Just wanted to chime in and say I think variety is okay! In general greater variety can cause problems, in terms of safety and numbers, but you have done the research and can pull it off. I do recognize the appeal of larger schools, but there's nothing wrong with variety either.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for that Zerileous, I appreciate it....I'm still pondering the idea of another filter and some rummys, no more than 10

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post

Rehome those two platies.
    I gotta agree with steeler1 here Matt. Rehome the platies and add the rummys.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Taurus, I understand that is probably what needs to happen, and I won't proceed further until I can find them a good home.

1 Not allowed!
    Glad to here you're not in a hurry Matt.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerileous View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say I think variety is okay! In general greater variety can cause problems, in terms of safety and numbers, but you have done the research and can pull it off. I do recognize the appeal of larger schools, but there's nothing wrong with variety either.
    I think that's also where experience comes in. As a newbie you're inclined to want 1 of everything. When you gain a bit of knowledge you learn that a lot of fish do better in company so you're inclined to get fewer species in groups of at least 6.
    I'm now at the stage in the hobby where I think if I could restart I would have gone for just a single midwater species and in high numbers.

So, you're right, there's nothing wrong with variety as long as you keep schooling species in decent numbers.

Page 184 of 347 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast