· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1675 of 1676 FirstFirst ... 67511751575162516651673167416751676 LastLast
Results 16,741 to 16,750 of 16753

Thread: Slap's 40B

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    Hi Nat, sorry I missed this...life has been crazy lately, dodging hurricanes and crazy busy at work...I do check in here almost daily, though

Giant tree fell in my backyard, BARELY missing my garage and shed, during the last storm...fell from neighbor's yard, took out their fence that we shared, so now the dogs can't go in the backyard...they're driving me bonkers, no telling when it will all be repaired.

And the kicker is, by Texas law, the neighbor is only responsible for the part of the tree that knocked down the fence (maybe 1% of the total tree), and I'M responsible for removing the rest of it from my yard ($1,000, or so)....yippee...glad we had no structural damage, though

Tree 1.jpg

Tree 2.jpg

Tree 3.jpg
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

2 Not allowed!
    LFS got in an order of fish that wasn't theirs during the chaos of the storms/power outtages, and received 20 otos by mistake...I bought them all, and after 2 weeks got them into the tank...2 didn't make it,but the rest are doing great, glad to have these little guys again...show them a bit at the end of the vid, mostly just bottom feeding frenzy for the rest of the vid

They also got in 3 GBR's that they don't normally carry, I took them all home, and they did great in QT for 2 weeks...then, the day before I was going to move them, all 3 died, during the same night...weird

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow, sorry about the tree, what a stupid law, it's his tree, he should be responsible for clean up. Congrats on the otto's, also miss those little guys. Weird about the rams. What kinda odds are those?

Glad to hear your well with all heck and hurricanes going on.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, stupid law, indeed....we should all have to clean up our own messes...but according to Texas law, healthy trees blown down by storms are an "act of God"....

Thanks, really upset about the rams, they were doing so good, then just gone...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on 3,000, have an oyster! (?) - Slaphppy7   For giving your daughter a tank, scaping rights included! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   sorry to hear about your knee. since you dont drink herea a slice - bpete   

1 Not allowed!
    I think if my tree fell in the neighbor's yard, I would offer to clean it up, no matter what the law said. But then, I own my own chain saw and a wood stove, so it wouldn't be a total loss. :) Sorry about your rams; happy about your ottos. Such cool little guys.
    Friends don't let friends use clown-puke gravel.
    www.whistlingbadger.com

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks Thomas.
    We actually got a call from the home owner Friday, said he could rent a skid-steer for $500 for the weekend, if we would split the cost, and he would help remove the tree. Not only did he help, but several of his family members pitched in, as well...the tree is all cleared, and by the road for pickup

It was alot of hard work, but I'm so glad it's gone.

While we were working on it, my adjuster from TWIA showed up (Texas Windstorm, a separate policy from my home owner's), my agent from Farmer's had filed for me, even though I had no significant damage. Adjuster asked the neighbor how much for the tree removal and equipment rental (we estimated $2000 for the tree, which is conservative, if you can even find someone to do it, there's trees down everywhere). The TWIA agent is going to file for us! I was so excited about that. If we get $2,500 (my deductible is $1,400), I'll net $1,100, and give most of it to the neighbor for cleanup help, equipment rental, and to get the fence back up...I think it's only fair.

He doesn't live in that house, is selling it, and his deductible is $7,500, so he'd receive no compensation, otherwise.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's one for the weekend ;-) - steeler58   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the mess the storms caused you. I am glad you came out pretty well. Need to ask Mrs.Slap of you can upgrade a tank. I got one woth your name all over it. Best thing is the price Free ninty free.
    Fishes go "pook pook"
    my spell check went on vaction.
    my Mts storie:http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=117355

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Good to hear you're going to be getting some compensation for the tree, and it's very nice of you to give it to your neighbor. It was also very nice of him to help you clear it from your property. Hope everything is doing well in your tanks. Happy Halloween!
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cm12setx View Post
    Sorry to hear about the mess the storms caused you. I am glad you came out pretty well. Need to ask Mrs.Slap of you can upgrade a tank. I got one woth your name all over it. Best thing is the price Free ninty free.
    Hey stranger, where have you been? Did y'all make it through the storm(s) OK?

I have a 75G sitting in the garage, trying to convince her that we don't need a couch...thanks for the offer, though!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Good to hear you're going to be getting some compensation for the tree, and it's very nice of you to give it to your neighbor. It was also very nice of him to help you clear it from your property. Hope everything is doing well in your tanks. Happy Halloween!
    Thanks Nat, he's out there now, building the fence back up...I'd help, but Sundays are super busy for me...hope y'all had a good Halloween, I just chilled by myself, Mrs. Slap went to help with a bunch of treat or trickers at her friend's house, and spent the night...I just enjoyed my P&Q, lol

Page 1675 of 1676 FirstFirst ... 67511751575162516651673167416751676 LastLast