· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1650 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 6501150155016001640164816491650165116521660 ... LastLast
Results 16,491 to 16,500 of 16631

Thread: Slap's 40B

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

1 Not allowed!
    And I couldn't wait to hear from you, my brother

Yes, maybe a few (very short) vids for tomorrow, my upload speed is terrible here ta home, I usually upload vids on a much faster system at work...when I'm on break, of course
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    To clarify, the tank got new fish today

14 juvie cardinal tetras, 3 pearl gourami, 8 concolor (blue) corys, and 12 cherry barbs

So far, so good, the corys are playing with the 2 remaining weitzmani corys (only corys in the tank, until now), and the gouramis have colored up well, and are exploring every corner of the tank

Cherry barbs are quite frisky, maybe because of the new environment, or maybe glad to be out of a bag, lol

What strikes me most at this point is the new (wild caught) cardinals, they're so small compared to their grown original tank mates...but they are schooling tightly together, exploring the tank with a larger or two tagging along, who may be wondering
    "when the heck did we have babies", lol

Maybe short vid tomorrow

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    As I was checking the TWS updated stock list as I do every Friday, I see they have Rummy nose in holding......
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Of course they do...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Oh no! Murphy's law What a kick in the gut. Oh well congrats on the cardinals, cories, barbs and gouramis! I have to look up these blue cories, i'm not familiar with them. Glad to hear they are settling in :)
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

5 Not allowed!
    Thanks Kat...here's a terrible quality vid of the tank last night, need a new camera or something...love how those tiny cardinals stick so close together, too funny

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    Congrats on your healthy, new fish! They look good and your tank - as always - looks fantastic!
    Learn from yesterday
    Live for today
    Hope for tomorrow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thank you, Rivers...the gouramis are out front and center this morning, playing in the current and chasing each other

If they are all males, which I am beginning to suspect, I'm thinking of naming them Larry, Lee, and Matt.....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your proven pair! - RiversGirl   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Again the quality is great, I really enjoyed that, thank you :) I'm excited you are getting a larger fish again, I really love those gouramis They remind me a bit of angelfish in the sense that they are peaceful enough to be kept with smaller fish, but they still have attitude. I know the pearls are the most peaceful of the larger gouramis, but they still. And they are so graceful at the top, like the tank bosses, but they don't have to try to assert themselves, they just are. I have always been interested in gourami, but I got angels first, and the two aren't compatible. I also really love how the cardinals school. I was watching for vid thinking they really liked incredible among the plants in the subdued lighting. I never was interested in them because they were so common, but could see myself keeping a school of these after I saw your vid. Wonder if they typically do this or if they are still getting used to the tank? Did your other cardinals school like this? Also I think I may have gotten your tanks mixed up, not sure in the other thread.
    GiVe Me sHrEd TiLL i'M dEaD
    -Kat

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Thanks again Kat, you are too kind, the quality sucks, LOL...I'll get it figured out

Agree 100% with your assessment of the gouramis, imposing yet gentle, a bit intimidating but friendly, all at the same time
    The vid doesn't do them justice, their coloring is spectacular, and will only get better in the coming weeks

Like most if not all tetras, the more the merrier, and the more natural the behavior...cardinal tetras are one of the better tight-shoaling tetras, you just have to have enough of them to form that big group that sticks together

IME, the best schooling tetra is the rummys, however...those guys will roam the tank like one big fish, very nice to watch...the cards may be a close second.. @steeler58 could tell you much more about the best schooling tetras

Page 1650 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 6501150155016001640164816491650165116521660 ... LastLast