· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1641 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 6411141154115911631163916401641164216431651 ... LastLast
Results 16,401 to 16,410 of 16632

Thread: Slap's 40B

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks Nat. I need to make a stock list, but for sure more tetras (cardinals, rummys, embers, maybe more yellow phantoms if they have them in stock), corys for both the 29 and 40B, gouramis (pearls for the 40B, may try honeys in the 29G).

I still have one lone oto in the 40B, would like to try those again (from a reputable source, not the box stores)

That should be it...maybe...I may even get more shrimp, but not from TWS

Also considering pencil fish for the 29G
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Wow nice selection!
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58   My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks!...I'm getting excited

You've kept the honeys, tell me a little about them...2 for the 29G would be ok?

Males more colorful?...peaceful, like the pearls?

Anxious to hear from my brother Lee about the selection, too.. @steeler58, that is

I have come to love the ember tetras as a nano for the 10G, there's presently 9 or 10 in there...a borara or two, and a couple of pygmy cats. I recently removed the "pier" deco, need to get you guys some pics...the "beach" theme is pretty much gone for some time now, anyway...and the embers are acring a little shy w/out that cover. I'm thinking they need a nice big school to acclimate

TBH, the budget I'll have is a bit more than I was planning on, so I get to splurge a lil bit, wasn't even considering adding to the 10G until now, just the 29G and the 40B

I'd love to add more pygmys, they just haven't done well for me...and speaking of corys, i need to decised which and how many for the 40B and 29G...presently, the 29G has none, the 40B has only 2 weitzmani (sp?)
    @Steeler recommended some warmer water corys, which may be the best bet for me now that we have some tank history (5 years of me kinda knowing what I'm doing, is more like it, lol)

Corys I'm needing to research a bit more, per Lee: Axelrodi, similis, trilineatus, concolor

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   

1 Not allowed!
    Two should be good for the 29. If you're able to I would recommend either two females or a male and a female. When the boys are in the season they can be a bit feisty to each other. When I had a couple boys they were sparring with each other in the 75. I don't know if you remember the one who had partitioned off the 75 pretty much in the middle and what chase the girls and the boys away from his side of the tank. The girls are very social with each other, I'm going to be making a 75 gallon honey tank and it's going to be one boy with half-a-dozen females.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    Your selection looks good, pencils would look good in the 29, TWS has Yellow phantoms in stock as of today and they lowered there price from $3.00 a piece to 8 for $20. Any of those cory's would be a great fit, I have found that buying a school of 7 seems to make them a little more happy. Can't go wrong with Cardinals and Rummys and more embers are a must in any tank. If your looking for a new tetra that you have not kept; I highly recommend the Pretty/Garnet Tetra Hemigrammus pulcher, Kerri tetra Inpaichthys kerri, or Black phantoms. Out of the three the H. pulcher shoal the best.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Two should be good for the 29. If you're able to I would recommend either two females or a male and a female. When the boys are in the season they can be a bit feisty to each other. When I had a couple boys they were sparring with each other in the 75. I don't know if you remember the one who had partitioned off the 75 pretty much in the middle and what chase the girls and the boys away from his side of the tank. The girls are very social with each other, I'm going to be making a 75 gallon honey tank and it's going to be one boy with half-a-dozen females.
    Thanks Nat, and yes, I do remember your honey male with the "attitude"...but what if there were only two males, with no females to intice them into that sort of behavior?...and if I did a m/f ratio, one each, would he chase her relentlessly?

Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Your selection looks good, pencils would look good in the 29, TWS has Yellow phantoms in stock as of today and they lowered there price from $3.00 a piece to 8 for $20. Any of those cory's would be a great fit, I have found that buying a school of 7 seems to make them a little more happy. Can't go wrong with Cardinals and Rummys and more embers are a must in any tank. If your looking for a new tetra that you have not kept; I highly recommend the Pretty/Garnet Tetra Hemigrammus pulcher, Kerri tetra Inpaichthys kerri, or Black phantoms. Out of the three the H. pulcher shoal the best.
    Great advice, I'd knew I'd hear from you soon brother Lee

Wasn't thinking of a "new" tetra, per se, but I have always LOVED the black phantoms

More research coming up, I have plenty of time

As a side-note, I keep forgetting to inform you all...remember a good while back, when I introduced endlers into the 40B, and they were breeding very well?....as of today, I don't believe there's a single one left...very strange...

Oh well, less bioload and more room to stock isn't always a bad thing, lol

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I didn't have any luck with endlers when I put them in my 40g. For being hardy, they didn't do well at all
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    That may work with 2 males. Sorry bout the endlers. Maybe the females got old/sterile and the fry didn't make it in enough numberrs to keep the population going?
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - ApistoJoe   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

1 Not allowed!
    I'm assuming you keep your tanks at 78F?? You can always lower the temp to 76F to better accommodate some of the cory species. Both Cory loxozonus and cory Schwartzi are nice. Or also look at the sterbai cories for warmer tanks. And if you want to "splurge" somewhat, rather than overstocking with tetras, look at cory adolfoi or cory duplicareus.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Sue...I now keep the 29G and 40B at 76F; in the summertime, they'll climb to 77 or 78, though, with no heaters running

The 10G stays around 77F, as do the two 5.5G betta tanks

I had sterbai in the 40B to at it's inception, they did well, but died out over time

Page 1641 of 1664 FirstFirst ... 6411141154115911631163916401641164216431651 ... LastLast