· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 160 of 347 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3464

Thread: Slap's 40B

0 Not allowed!
    Just a few pics of the evolution of the tank...the plants have really started to fill the tank, with pretty much no help from me, lol...I dose with Flourish Comp once a week (when I remember)....it's been a few weeks since I've remembered to dose, I usually do it Saturdays after a PWC, but forgot this past weekend....the java fern is putting out plantlets at the ends of the mature leaves like crazy

10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

1 Not allowed!
    Just an outstanding job with the tank so far man. I really like what you've done with the place. Kudos to you for the stocking options you've chosen as well.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i've been away for a while on work-related stuff, and am happy to come back to more changes! Your MHs are looking great, as is the rest of your tank. Everything looks amazing. I may call on you when it is my turn to aquascape :-)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey Taurus, thanks so much my friend...haven't seen you around the forum in awhile, life must be getting in the way of your aquarium stuff...I hate it when that happens, lol

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wgoldfarb View Post
    i've been away for a while on work-related stuff, and am happy to come back to more changes! Your MHs are looking great, as is the rest of your tank. Everything looks amazing. I may call on you when it is my turn to aquascape :-)
    Thanks goldy!...see my response to Taurus on having to be away for a bit, that's no fun at all ;)....man, I'm no aquascapist like some of the other members here, just got lucky this time...I will definitely have input when it's time for your tank, though!
    Last edited by Slaphppy7; 11-05-2013 at 02:02 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hey Taurus, thanks so much my friend...haven't seen you around the forum in awhile, life must be getting in the way of your aquarium stuff...I hate it when that happens, lol
    Happens to the best of us. I'll get my priorities in order eventually.....

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Happens to the best of us. I'll get my priorities in order eventually.....
    LOL, you do that, all work and no play makes Taurus a dull boy

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Just an outstanding job with the tank so far man. I really like what you've done with the place. Kudos to you for the stocking options you've chosen as well.
    +1 to that! This is what always does me good to read. A relative beginner taking it slow and thinking things trough before doing something. Result is an almost problem free start of a very nice looking thank. It's the kind of thread we should point some newbies to.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    LOL, you do that, all work and no play makes Taurus a dull boy
    Dull boy? That will never happen.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    +1 to that! This is what always does me good to read. A relative beginner taking it slow and thinking things trough before doing something. Result is an almost problem free start of a very nice looking thank. It's the kind of thread we should point some newbies to.
    Thanks so much talldutchie, you flatter me...I have had a great time building it, learning from it and the great advice I have gotten here, and just watching the tank grow and mature...I need to start getting some decent photos of the inhabitants, the Colombians are really coloring up nicely, as are the Rosys...the markings on the Rosy's fins are really beginning to brighten, although their bodies are still a bit pale, but they are still young

I need your opinion on the plantlets that are forming on the mature java leaves...I have read in various forums different ways to deal with these...some advise breaking them off and planting or tying to DW/rocks, and others advise leaving them alone and letting them break off on their own to establish wherever they fall...I would like to place them less randomly than that

I also need to read up on the Anachris (narrow leaf), that stuff is growing like crazy, and forming large clumps at the water's surface...the RCS and Marbled Hatchets are finding this an ideal place to cling to and hide, which is great...but during PWC's, the branches seem to fall and get uprooted a bit, only to put out long thread-like "root" fibers after the tank is full again...I suppose these "roots" are helping stabilize the plants

Page 160 of 347 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast