Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 104 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 10510

Thread: Slap's 40B

  1. #1031

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California
    Posts
    10,365

    Awards Showcase

    It is a delight to see you! - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! - Anders247 T.G.I.F. - cm12setx TGIF, you are sorely missed! - Slaphppy7 Happy 3 year anniversary - fishmommie 
    Happy Anniversary to the BEST terta guy I know! - Taurus Happy 3rd! - Rue No Message - Boundava For your 3 year anniversary - Boundava because you're you! - RiversGirl 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Contact old friend Kevin about plants, he seems to have a "green thumb".
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

  2. #1032

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Hey, I've got a little news nugget for you guys...this past week, me and 16 of my co-workers each put in $3 and bought some Powerball tickets...we hit on 4 numbers and the PB, and won $40,000!!!....after Uncle Sam had his say, it was reduced to 30 thousand....$1,764 for each of us when all was said and done!!!

    Can you say FISH MONEY, people?......yee-haw!....I'm already upgrading my light kit, to the one gronlaura has written about...

    AND, I'll be able to buy alot more fish at once that I was planning on being able to do!
    CHA-CHING! Congrats and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. And you're already spending that money wisely...oh wait...was that LED fixture on sale? Does it matter!?
    When in doubt, do a water change.

    "This ain't rocket science!"

  3. #1033

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Sweet, Slap! nice t0 hear that s0me0ne is having a g00d week!
    It's g00d t0 hear that y0u are g0ing t0 wait an0ther week bef0re adding fish, make g00d and sure she's ready f0r critters.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

  4. #1034

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,246

    Awards Showcase

    Have another Cory! - steeler58 Have another Cory! - steeler58 I like shoals. :) - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 superbowl 2014 - cm12setx 
    Here's to the retired life! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have another tetra just because ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the plants! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the winnings!

    Oh, and that plant looks like one of the crypts which are known for melting when being moved or handled too much. It should recover, however - just leave as is for now and see what happens. I have several like yours and one that was over a couple of years old for some reason completely melted after a water change. No idea what caused it, but it fully recovered.

  5. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Wow. That is so cool. I see fish in your near future - but then I saw that anyway :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, apple & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted:crown tail betta, neons, pygmy cory, clown pleco,apple & nerite snails
    90 g FW planted:congos, rainbows, roseline sharks, swordtails, ottos,krib pair, ABNP, peppered cories, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://bit.ly/1vC7gVX
    fishless cycling: http://bit.ly/1DARf3T
    fish in cycling: http://bit.ly/1ILvcfp

  6. #1036

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyLeaf View Post
    I have a leaf it two that have done that on my tank as well. My plants look terrible. I'll be taking pictures to post in my journal tomorrow to get some help because I'm a touch overwhelmed right now.

    What kind if plant is that one? You may want to cut off that leaf so your plant doesn't waste perfectly good nutrients trying to repair itself.

    I do know that plants take time to acclimate to a tank just as fish do. I have heard that many times new plants in a tank will go through a period in the beginning where they look pretty rough. The miracle is that once you get everything balanced out, even plants that took a beating can regrow strong!
    Thanks CL...I have a few other leaves, of that particular plant in other places in the tank, that are doing the same thing...yellowing or melting...and I am embarrassed to say, I have no idea what type of plant it is, it came from this package: http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscent...-lowlipack.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    Contact old friend Kevin about plants, he seems to have a "green thumb".
    Calling KevVA, where are you sir, lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    CHA-CHING! Congrats and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. And you're already spending that money wisely...oh wait...was that LED fixture on sale? Does it matter!?
    Actually, it was only $116 on Amazon with free shipping!...but, it must be coming from Texas, because I had to pay tax...do I care??...nada..it should be here Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    Sweet, Slap! nice t0 hear that s0me0ne is having a g00d week!
    It's g00d t0 hear that y0u are g0ing t0 wait an0ther week bef0re adding fish, make g00d and sure she's ready f0r critters.
    Thanks Longshot, the fine folks here talked me into waiting a bit longer...one more week isn't gonna kill me

    Quote Originally Posted by SueD View Post
    Congrats on the winnings!

    Oh, and that plant looks like one of the crypts which are known for melting when being moved or handled too much. It should recover, however - just leave as is for now and see what happens. I have several like yours and one that was over a couple of years old for some reason completely melted after a water change. No idea what caused it, but it fully recovered.
    Thanks SueD, good info there...I will leave it be, then

    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    Wow. That is so cool. I see fish in your near future - but then I saw that anyway :o)
    Very cool...one week from tomorrow, I'll be calling TWS and talking to Anthony!...now, if I can just make up my dang mind over which fish to get.....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

  7. #1037

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California
    Posts
    10,365

    Awards Showcase

    It is a delight to see you! - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! - Anders247 T.G.I.F. - cm12setx TGIF, you are sorely missed! - Slaphppy7 Happy 3 year anniversary - fishmommie 
    Happy Anniversary to the BEST terta guy I know! - Taurus Happy 3rd! - Rue No Message - Boundava For your 3 year anniversary - Boundava because you're you! - RiversGirl 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Thanks CL...I have a few other leaves, of that particular plant in other places in the tank, that are doing the same thing...yellowing or melting...and I am embarrassed to say, I have no idea what type of plant it is, it came from this package: http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscent...-lowlipack.htm



    Calling KevVA, where are you sir, lol



    Actually, it was only $116 on Amazon with free shipping!...but, it must be coming from Texas, because I had to pay tax...do I care??...nada..it should be here Tuesday



    Thanks Longshot, the fine folks here talked me into waiting a bit longer...one more week isn't gonna kill me



    Thanks SueD, good info there...I will leave it be, then



    Very cool...one week from tomorrow, I'll be calling TWS and talking to Anthony!...now, if I can just make up my dang mind over which fish to get.....
    That is always the hard part, I change my mind half a dozen times everytime I order, LOL.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

  8. #1038

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I know I'll be contemplating hard this week, but I'm gonna come up with a good fish-compatible community tank in the very near future, with all of you guys and gals help...

    FYI, only tested 'trites today, I know I'm cycled, but wanted to verify...sky blue is all I saw...

    I am going to continue to dose ammonia for the next week and a half, until my planned fish arrival...one question, though...should I be concerned about the 'trate level at all until I stock?...generally you do no water changes during a fish-free cycle, but I'm wondering if it's OK to just let the 'trates run ramoant in the meantime...will it hurt the plants?....will it kill pond snails? (fingers crossed)...because Mrs. Slap and Lauren swear they see 2 more of them, tiny baby snails...my old eyes can only see the original one...I may have some questions about assassin snails in the very near future...Lauren already asked if they would attack and eat snails larger than themselves (we WERE going to transfer s few of her mystery snails from the 10 to the 40B)

    Anyhow, let me get back to my futer stocking research...thanks for reading!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

  9. #1039

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California
    Posts
    10,365

    Awards Showcase

    It is a delight to see you! - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! - Anders247 T.G.I.F. - cm12setx TGIF, you are sorely missed! - Slaphppy7 Happy 3 year anniversary - fishmommie 
    Happy Anniversary to the BEST terta guy I know! - Taurus Happy 3rd! - Rue No Message - Boundava For your 3 year anniversary - Boundava because you're you! - RiversGirl 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We are here for you man!!

    Never had any problem with snails, so I can't help you there however.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

  10. #1040

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    We are here for you man!!

    Never had any problem with snails, so I can't help you there however.
    Thanks for to of you!...let's get ready for some fish!

    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

Page 104 of 1051 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •