· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for the metal head in you, rock on! - Hockey nut   Good Sunday to you ;-) - steeler58   It was either this or beer - Taurus   Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

Default 20L Apisto Breeder

3 Not allowed!
    Starting a new setup for a pair of rams possibly wild type or electric blue.

I will do a planted tank with wood and leaves to hopefully soften the water and bring the ph to around 6.5.

Filtration will be a simple HOB aquaclear since I'll plant heavily.

Other fish I will do a group of green neons as dither and just simply something else to look at in the tank.

Going to use bright LED even though there will likely be a lot of tannins in this tank.

Also a glass lid was considering hatchets because there so neat to watch.

I get so excited about new builds haha

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for the metal head in you, rock on! - Hockey nut   Good Sunday to you ;-) - steeler58   It was either this or beer - Taurus   Amber Ale will have to do :-) - Taurus   Congrats on winning POTM! - Silbar   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe   

0 Not allowed!
    Going to plant mainly dwarf sag around a center driftwood piece and probably simple floaters like red roots. Keep it kinda simple not to crowded with tall plants.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Help! - Dino1956   Thank you. - Dino1956   Ban time changes, leave it DST. - Slaphppy7   A Treasure Chest for the Treasure of help you have given me... - PaulPerger   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmazonJoe View Post
    Starting a new setup for a pair of rams possibly wild type or electric blue.

I will do a planted tank with wood and leaves to hopefully soften the water and bring the ph to around 6.5.

Filtration will be a simple HOB aquaclear since I'll plant heavily.

Other fish I will do a group of green neons as dither and just simply something else to look at in the tank.

Going to use bright LED even though there will likely be a lot of tannins in this tank.

Also a glass lid was considering hatchets because there so neat to watch.

I get so excited about new builds haha
    It would be easier to pre-mix the tap water with reverse osmosis water to get the desired parameters, especially if the GH and KH are high. With a GH of 22 and KH of 8, I can only achieve your desired PH with 2 cups of peat and 24 cups of water. That's a lot of peat to be used with so little water.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Haha Well good thing that's what I'm planning :P

Peat wouldn't work likely and be to time consuming.

I have RO water at work I can use for water changes what not.

Whats a good mixing ratio? I know I'll need to test my tap water first but.

I can probably fill a few buckets whenever I need to.

Also thanks for the response
    Last edited by AmazonJoe; 12-29-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the Help! - Dino1956   Thank you. - Dino1956   Ban time changes, leave it DST. - Slaphppy7   A Treasure Chest for the Treasure of help you have given me... - PaulPerger   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Haha Well good thing that's what I'm planning :P

Peat wouldn't work likely and be to time consuming.

I have RO water at work I can use for water changes what not.

Whats a good mixing ratio? I know I'll need to test my tap water first but.

I can probably fill a few buckets whenever I need to.
    I'm too poor to get RO water so I can't provide a ratio. You want KH to stay at least 4 degrees to avoid PH swings.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Lol I hear ya. Well I'll have to do some tests and get an idea of how much to mix.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    I'll be getting the hook up on a established breeding pair of long fin wild types or EB's. Getting them from my buddy that I got the rainbows from. Na na na boo boo

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Don't want you to choke on the hot dog. - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   For being one minute late on the DT contest. - Silbar   First round on me , Happy Birthday - gadget228   For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   

4 Not allowed!
    Na na na boo boo
    Those are super wedgie words right there!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Don't want you to choke on the hot dog. - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   For being one minute late on the DT contest. - Silbar   First round on me , Happy Birthday - gadget228   For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   

3 Not allowed!
    ...OMG, this could go on all day.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast