· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the newbies! - Slaphppy7 Here's to new fish and a safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 takes the cake! - RiversGirl for making me laugh out LOUD thanks - SeaLady Thanks for the rep! - BluewaterBoof 
    Thanks for the Rep - Strider199 Have a tetra for the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang Thanks for the tetra and TGIF to you ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on starting your cycle! - ah00471 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

Default Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G

9 Not allowed!
    MTS has definitely set in!!! I have learned so much from everybody here at the AC. Last year I got my old 75G up and running in my home office again and thanks to AC it is doing well. Since then I have set up a 20G (bedroom), 10G betta tank (living room) and started to stock my 20L (home office desk). Now it is time to get something nice for the living room

I plan on a 75G planted peaceful community tank. I already bought two Eheim 2217 canisters before my husband changed his mind. Matt and Nat have helped me with ideas and plans for a stand build... I hopefully will purchase the tank in the next few weeks if I can find what I want. Heater will be a Hydro in line 300watt and lighting will be a Current Satellite LED+ (because I love these ). No CO2 or anything high tech.

Now comes the fun part...the stock planning! I definitely know that I will get some corys. I also want about 20-30 Cardinal tetras and 20 Candy Canes (Hy511). Everything else is undecided as yet. There are so many possibilities and I will just keep looking and researching until I find the right fits for me and this tank.
    75G (cycling), 75G, 20L,10G, 20G

4 Not allowed!
    Wow, how exciting!

4 Not allowed!
    Cool!...I've always wanted a 75G, so many stocking possibilities.

I'm subscribed.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

5 Not allowed!
    I'd love to see you get some congo tetras for that big tank...

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the newbies! - Slaphppy7 Here's to new fish and a safe delivery ;-) - steeler58 takes the cake! - RiversGirl for making me laugh out LOUD thanks - SeaLady Thanks for the rep! - BluewaterBoof 
    Thanks for the Rep - Strider199 Have a tetra for the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang Thanks for the tetra and TGIF to you ;-) - steeler58 Congrats on starting your cycle! - ah00471 
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar 

1 Not allowed!
    They are beautiful if they have the colors and flowing tails but TWS has pics of them with different shape tails. I like the ones with the pointed tails. What's the difference?
    http://www.wetspotgallery.com/p266375725
    Last edited by Silbar; 02-21-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Never mind...female/male

3 Not allowed!
    There are different types of Phenacogrammus...you'll want the interruptus...

The males have the spectacular coloring and finnage, the females just have the coloring

These are my "dream" tetra, lol...wanted them back when I was setting up the 40B, but Lee warned that they get a little too big for that tank size

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the rep! - mommy1 Sorry for the loss of you "braveheart" it's a guppy but we don't have endlers ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas! - Anders247 
    Happy Friday, Deb! - BluewaterBoof Thanks for the nice compliment on Spardas's thread ;-) - steeler58 Good luck with the testing! - Slaphppy7 No endlers but have a guppy for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58 Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar 

5 Not allowed!
    How exciting Silbar! Sounds like it's going to be a great tank. I'd look to stock the entire water column, guys that swim at the top, middle and bottom. It produces an active vibrant tank without overstocking.

The 75g size gives you lots of options!

Awards Showcase

6 Not allowed!
    Deb, that is exactly what I am planning on...something for bottom,middle and top levels. I'm doing some research now and starting to make lists for each water column. Once I narrow it down to what I really want then I'll do Aqadvisor to see about numbers. It will be a work in progress until I have a final plan. I want to take advantage of all the options available. My other 75 has a large featherfin catfish that I have had for years and he limited me in tank mates. This will be fun and I know that Matt, Lee and others will have some great suggestions for me to look into.

2 Not allowed!
    Congratulations! I am so glad to read that this is coming together for you! I am subscribed and it will be so exciting to see what you choose. Any ideas on substrate yet?
    75g. heavily planted/DW. Stock: tetra, gourami, cory, oto, Dojo loaches, pleco, nerite/mystery/mts/assassin snails, and amano shrimp
    Two 5.5g. planted, each with a female Betta,
    10g. planted, with a female Betta
    20L. Chili rasboras
    20L Blue Pearl Shrimp, 2 African Viper shrimp, 2-3 Hara jerdoni, Pygmy Cory, Espei and CPD

75g:
    10-20L Shrimp tank
    Future 40B Goldfish tank
    Probiotic trial