Aquarium Forum
 


Menu
  · Tropical Fish Home
· Fish News
· Aquarium Forum
· Buy & Sell
· Calculators
· Equipment reviews
· Free Aquarium Ebook
· Feedback
· Link to us
· Photo gallery
· Plant species
· Tropica Plant DB
Tropical fish species
· By Common name
· By Scientific name
Tropical Marine fish
· By Common name
· By Scientific name

_________________
 
      
        Via paypal

  AC news is a part of
      Nature Blog Network

      Reef Aquarium Blog

Privacy & Ad Policy

Articles
  · African Cichlids
· Algae Control
· Aquarium Decoration
· Aquarium Resources
· Aquatic Plants
· Barb Fish
· Betta Fish
· Breeding Fish
· Catfish
· Central American Cichlids
· Cichlids
· Clownfish
· Corals
· Corydoras Catfish
· Discus Fish
· Dwarf Cichlids
· Fish Diseases
· Frogs and Turtles
· Goby Fish
· Goldfish
· Gourami
· Invertebrates
· Jellyfish
· Killiefish
· Lake Victoria Cichlids
· Livebearers
· Malawi Cichlids
· Marine Aquariums
· Marine Aquarium Fish
· Other Fish
· Pleco
· Predatory Fish
· Photography
· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I wouldn't mess with those ceramic caves. YOu surely have some rocks around somewhere that would look more natural (your tank has such a natural beautiful look going). Or buy some pieces of slate from you LFS or even home depot or someplace like that to make a natural looking cave.
    Just my opinion :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois USA
    Posts
    3,820

    Awards Showcase

    Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    I wouldn't mess with those ceramic caves. YOu surely have some rocks around somewhere that would look more natural (your tank has such a natural beautiful look going). Or buy some pieces of slate from you LFS or even home depot or someplace like that to make a natural looking cave.
    Just my opinion :o)
    I agree - ceramic anything would detract from the natural look of your tank. If you can't find any at your LFS, try landscape companies or stone/gravel supply. Take a little bottle of vinegar with you so you can test the rocks/slate (the vinegar should not bubble).
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

  3. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I do have some slate tile, do I just glue it together into a cave like thing? what glue would I use?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois USA
    Posts
    3,820

    Awards Showcase

    Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    You would use aquarium sealant, available at your LFS or Petsmart.

  5. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I do have some slate tile, do I just glue it together into a cave like thing? what glue would I use?
    you can use aquarium safe silicone glue. Most LFS will have it. Or plain clear jell calk like they use around bathtubs etc.. Or you can just stack carefully, make sure they are secure and do it that way. Seriously, mine is just one flat rock leaning on another rock but it's very solid as I don't want it falling on the pleco :o) She can go in or out either side but she thinks no one can see her :o) There's only about 1 1/2 inches clearance at the high side from the substrate so it's nice and snug just the way she likes it. They seem to like nice tight places. And this way, I get to see her all the time. That's why I know she falls asleep and ends up flat on her back on the substrate completely unhooked.
    Here's a photo I caught of her after falling off the driftwood sound asleep. It's a bad photo but it;s all I've got.
    pleco upside down new plants 013.jpg
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Elgin, Illinois USA
    Posts
    3,820

    Awards Showcase

    Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED 
    For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl 
    I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmommie View Post
    you can use aquarium safe silicone glue. Most LFS will have it. Or plain clear jell calk like they use around bathtubs etc.. Or you can just stack carefully, make sure they are secure and do it that way. Seriously, mine is just one flat rock leaning on another rock but it's very solid as I don't want it falling on the pleco :o) She can go in or out either side but she thinks no one can see her :o) There's only about 1 1/2 inches clearance at the high side from the substrate so it's nice and snug just the way she likes it. They seem to like nice tight places. And this way, I get to see her all the time. That's why I know she falls asleep and ends up flat on her back on the substrate completely unhooked.
    Here's a photo I caught of her after falling off the driftwood sound asleep. It's a bad photo but it;s all I've got.
    pleco upside down new plants 013.jpg
    That is way, way too funny! I can see how you would have panicked seeing her like that.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras
    Future 40 Long - Rummynose Tetras and Cories

    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

  7. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I can see why you thought she was dead!! I'm paranoid about it falling so I will probably glue the rocks together.

  8. Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    I can see why you thought she was dead!! I'm paranoid about it falling so I will probably glue the rocks together.
    Even though it's driftwood in the photo, I wanted to show you how they hang upside down. So don't make your cave ceiling too high just in case she or he falls :o)
    30 g FW planted:corys, ABNP, blue angel, harleys, zebra danios, pair kribs, & nerite snails
    15 g FW planted: crown tail betta, neons, snails
    90 g FW semi planted: EBJD, congos, apple snails
    90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
    Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
    Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •