· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default SpyderBite's 36g Bow Front Tetra Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Cycling has finally begun today. In addition I have live active media en route to speed it up a bit.

My plan so far is as follows:

13 Gold Pristella Tetras
    12 Black Neon Tetras
    6 Otos

According to the aquarium calculators, I have room for more.. I suppose I'll toss a school of Neons in there and perhaps some Ghost Shrimp.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373746066.945277.jpg

Awards Showcase

because they rock! and for showing them to me. - cm12setx Here's to retirement! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the videos and great advice on restocking my dual 29s! - gronlaura for tirelessly showing beautiful, various fish - RiversGirl T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF on the 13th with a full moon. - Taurus Spurs! - RiversGirl Here's a get well soon beer, so get well ASAP. - Taurus T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 feelin your pain - SeaLady 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass Beer reduces kidney stones! - Sandz T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus 
    Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    I like your choice of schools, alot of people overlook Black neons for whatever reason and Pristella's even more. Both are very hardy fish within their species, only a handfull are more so. The Gold Pristella is one of the few color-morphs I realy like.

Adding neons later will realy make your tank "pop".
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    Read my mind. I plan on capping off my capacity with Neons once the tank is established. :)

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    if you decided to plant it with some mosses and other low light plants you can throw some RCS in there.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 My turn to buy - fishmommie 
    It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler1 View Post
    I like your choice of schools, alot of people overlook Black neons for whatever reason and Pristella's even more. Both are very hardy fish within their species, only a handfull are more so. The Gold Pristella is one of the few color-morphs I realy like.

I can't wait to see your pristellas. I have a school of 10 in my 75 gal. They are great community fish and as steeler1 says, very hardy. Here are 2 pics of my largest with his beautiful red tail. They're also in the photo in my sig.

2013-07-16 07.29.42.jpg 2013-07-16 07.34.47.jpg
    Last edited by gronlaura; 07-29-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin and Regular Fin Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank (still cycling) - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oooh... very nice! I am very excited about getting my Pristellas in the tank! My LFS has 45 of them and is going to reserve 15 of them for me as soon as I let them know my tank is cycled and ready. :)

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Cycling is in full steam ahead mode with ammonia drops daily, trites off the chart and trates already at 20ppm. Woot woot

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well crap if my fiancé didn't dump me last week. And the tank is fully cycled. :P

Luckily it has been an amicable split and I'll have a month or two to move out. Just gonna stock it with Neons for the time being. I'll stock it with more expensive species once I've moved and recycled the tank at the new place.

Awards Showcase

Because bunnies are good in threes. - KevinVA Oh Oh... they're multiplying!!! - fishmommie Back atcha! - KevinVA Back at you,  good sir! - Compass I'm glad somebody's keeping this "old tradition" alive :) - steeler58 
    Here's to the 4th and nose hair fiascos! - Taurus got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 
    Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie 
    welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderbite View Post
    Well crap if my fiancé didn't dump me last week. And the tank is fully cycled. :P

Luckily it has been an amicable split and I'll have a month or two to move out. Just gonna stock it with Neons for the time being. I'll stock it with more expensive species once I've moved and recycled the tank at the new place.
    Dang, talk about putting a kink in your fish keeping plans...as well as alot of other plans...glad you are going to pull through with a good attitude about it, though....
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    W0w, thats a hit, s0rry t0 hear it.
    Y0u w0n't need t0 recycle if the m0ve is d0ne quickly. The BB d0n't live in the water s0 y0u are g00d there. Just keep the filter wet and c0mplete the m0ve, refill, dechl0rinati0n etc within a c0uple h0urs and all sh0uld be well. Get a 5 gall0n bucket 0r maybe 3 t0 keep s0me 0f the existing water s0 that the new setup d0esn't sh0ck the fish s0 hard, it will be like d0ing a 50% PWC if keep 15 gall0ns.
    Last edited by Longshot; 08-08-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!