· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well now that I know this is not a naturally occuring color I don't have any use for it .I really think the humans that do all that stuff to all those fish to suit their need for whatever reason is deplrorable . NOT the FISH but the humans that do it. Any time I'm in a lfs and they have those for sale I make it a point to let the "helpers" know that its pretty bad imo for "their" store to even buy them for resale. I said all that to say that I am NOT A FAN OF FISH THAT ARE NOT NATURAL. I'm sorry you all got the wrong idea about me but it was my fault for not thinking before i responded . I myself keep two of the most beautiful normal JD'sI'veEVER seen and I wouldn't give 2 cent for anything manipulated to suit someones fancy . Thanks for the headsup .
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eltylT View Post
    Well now that I know this is not a naturally occuring color I don't have any use for it .I really think the humans that do all that stuff to all those fish to suit their need for whatever reason is deplrorable . NOT the FISH but the humans that do it. Any time I'm in a lfs and they have those for sale I make it a point to let the "helpers" know that its pretty bad imo for "their" store to even buy them for resale. I said all that to say that I am NOT A FAN OF FISH THAT ARE NOT NATURAL. I'm sorry you all got the wrong idea about me but it was my fault for not thinking before i responded . I myself keep two of the most beautiful normal JD'sI'veEVER seen and I wouldn't give 2 cent for anything manipulated to suit someones fancy . Thanks for the headsup .
    I don't find anything wrong with selective breeding. It's not any different with the current "purebred" dogs that we have nowadays. And to say that it is not natural is not true. Leucistic/Xanthic fish do occur in the wild.

Wild Caught Leucistic Parachromis Friedrichsthalii (~$400)

Normal Parachromis Friedrichstahlii
    Last edited by Rocksor; 07-30-2013 at 02:08 PM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I guess pure breeds would be OK , but these glow in the dark things I just don't understand .

0 Not allowed!
    If you're refering to the neon danios, they are genetically modified with coral DNA. That's what gives them the color. More humane than dying but still leaves a few questions as to the ethics of fooling around with mother nature. Can't say It's wrong but I can't say its right either.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

If everyone is thinking alike , then no one is thinking.

Play ban the person above you Here

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    if its breed for, its ok, but artificial crap ins another thing. but with the albino O, don't be talkin about my churin lmao

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    lmao that was old school talk there

0 Not allowed!
    Leucistic central american cichlids are actually a lot more common in the wild than you might think. I see and catch them rather often. They are allways present in fishmarkets.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12