· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider199 View Post
    Nice looking set-up Steemax. Keeping a journal going with pictures is a very good tool over time IMO. You can look back at these in a year or so and see how the tank has progressed. Keep it up.
    Thanks Strider! It really would be interesting to go back later on to see what i had done.

Update: Small video of the tank I recorded:

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Update:
    So the skimmer came in today... I love everything about it, especially the surface skimmer attachment and the built in filter chamber that comes filled with carbon... It's working great too... Nice thick skimmate BUT it's super loud. The tank is in my bedroom and since the skimmer is just out in the open the noise is unbearable.

So I'm throwing around the idea of returning it and purchasing an aqua clear 70 to turn into a mini HOB refugium instead....

Thoughts?

0 Not allowed!
    What type of skimmer do you currently have ?

There usually are modification that can be done to most HOB skimmers to make them more quite which can be easier (and cheaper) than modifying a aquaclear into a HOB refugium.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    What type of skimmer do you currently have ?

There usually are modification that can be done to most HOB skimmers to make them more quite which can be easier (and cheaper) than modifying a aquaclear into a HOB refugium.
    It was a Red Sea Prizm Deluxe. Was the loudest thing ever, I returned it and went with a AquaticLife Mini Skimmer (Internal). This thing is amazing! its day 2 and its breaking in nice! My circulation pump also came in, this things is awesome!

Here are some pics I took today:

5. Default

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear the new skimmer is working out great for you

One of the first skimmers that I owned was a Red Sea and I could not replace that thing fast enough.

Your looks like it is coming along nicely. I really like the multi color zoa frag
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I think everyone starts with a Red Sea, and no one keeps it longer than a week, lol.

tank looks great!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Glad to hear the new skimmer is working out great for you

One of the first skimmers that I owned was a Red Sea and I could not replace that thing fast enough.

Your looks like it is coming along nicely. I really like the multi color zoa frag
    Quote Originally Posted by sheamurai View Post
    I think everyone starts with a Red Sea, and no one keeps it longer than a week, lol.

tank looks great!
    Tell me about it! I just shipped it back out today. Decided to use that money towards some new lighting! That submersible LED light I had decided to give out. Took it out and realized it had filled with salt water... BOO!!! So I ordered this puppy http://www.amazon.com/Wave-point-12-...keywords=01119 to use alongside my fluval 6w led fixture for a total of 22 watts... should be enough for softies in a 10 gallon nano! Plus I heard a lot of good things about this wave-point fixture.

Here are some Update pics... (I went with a tomato clown and a yellow tail damsel... I know, I know! no clowns in a 10 gal, I couldn't resist though and I have plans on starting a second 40 gallon breeder reef that I'll move him into)... Anyway its an aggressive little fella... when it comes to feeding time, it attacks the damsel if it comes anywhere near.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!
    Nice little setup! Yes, those tomato clowns are quite aggressive. Is it beating hard on the damsel relentlessly or only during feeding time?

Is that a plastic band on the LR, lol? Did you get it from Petco?
    Think with logic and rationality more than emotion. Act with moderation and consideration. Contemplate ideals and realistic goals and weigh out possibilities and options. Temper not with personal delusions or false hope but learn to accept and move on.