View Poll Results: Wait it out?
- 6. You may not vote on this poll
Yes, wait for the price to drop
No, order it now
Thread: should i wait??
07-27-2013, 12:36 PM #1
should i wait??
Used up all my tests except ammonia.
My old LFS has gone out of business. Prices at the new big box are ridiculous.
Watching Amazon for the API master kit.
Price just spiked a couple days ago.
Wait it out? Yes/No and reason.
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM #2
If ya need it, ya need it. The fish are w0rth a few bucks m0re.When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!
07-27-2013, 01:03 PM #3
I hardly use my testers since my tanks have been established for years now. If your tanks are well established I think it would be fine to wait for the prices to drop.When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
07-27-2013, 01:09 PM #4
I'd wait... unless you have a fairly new tank... Personally I haven't tested any of my tanks in probably 2 months because I always do weekly water changes and the tanks are all establishedFish: 75g: 9 Parva Rainbow, 4 GBR, 2 Oto, 4 Platies, 10 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
10g: RCS, 10 B. Brigittae; 10g: 4 Fp. Spoorenbergi, 7 C. Habroseus, Orchid Endlers; 10g: 4 Fp. Spoorenbergi, Species #2 Endlers,
Plants: 75: A. Sword, C. Red Wendtii, J Fern, Alternanthera Reineckii, Temple Hygro, Moneywort, Subwassertang, R. Rotundofolia, R. Indica
10: Italian Vals, Dwarf Sag, Java Fern, Phoenix Moss
10s: C. Parva, C. Wendtii, Cardinal, Microswords, Dwarf Hairgrass, Hornwort
07-27-2013, 08:32 PM #5
Thanks for answering.
Well I just stocked the 125 in my sig. But I reused the filter (with biowheel) and put most of the gravel from their old tank into a basket with air bubbling through it.
Tested ammonia a couple hours after feeding, read 0 so I assume there is enough bb in the biowheel + gravel.
But eventually I would like to know how the nitrate levels change over time.
Even if I ordered now it would take well over a week to arrive.
07-28-2013, 10:02 AM #6
Ordered it, but not from Amazon
+1 for eBay today
07-28-2013, 03:27 PM #7
good call. Even though you used established media, it's still a new tank and bound to be a bit unstable for a while, especially if you added stock. Better safe than sorry and you'll sleep better at night if you know exactly what your water perimeters are. :o)30 gal FW:corys, ABNP, blue angel, nerites & mystery snails
15 gal FW: crown tail betta, neons
90 gal FW: Blood Parrots, severum, Jurupari, EBJD, tetras, dw gourami
90 Gal Journal: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=93939
Fishless cycling: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ead.php?t=5640
Cycling with fish: http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=36492