· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Green Carpet Anemone information needed

0 Not allowed!
    I have a green carpet anemone and I was just wondering is it okay to feed my anemone guppies. I was also wondering is it okay if I buy a lot of guppies from my pet store and put them in the freezer and every now and then take one guppie out of the freezer let it defrost and feed it to my anemone. Something I have notice is every now and then my anemone swell up in one spot , is this normal for a carpet anemone. if not what can I do to fix this problem. Oh by the way all of my water parameters are okay.

0 Not allowed!
    No that is not a good idea. Fresh water based meaty foods do not provide the same nutrients as marine based meaty foods so your anemone would not get much in the way of usable nutrients. Buy some raw (uncooked) shrimp from the store and feed your anemone small pcs of that. That would be a lot easier, especially since your anemone should only be fed once a week (max) even if you choose to feed him at all. Feeding your anemone fish you get from the LFS can also be risky as you have to keep in mind that you would have to QT these guppys to ensure they do not have any bacterial infections. Not all bacteria in FW can survive in SW, however, anemones can be very prone to bacterial infections and it can be very difficult to treat a anemone for any type of infection. Not worth the risk IMO. The below two links can provide you with some more info if you would like

http://www.reefaquarium.com/2012/keeping-anemones/

http://www.reefaquarium.com/2012/fee...froozen-foods/
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]