· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

Default HOB Filter Drip?

0 Not allowed!
    So I just got a new, cheap, Aqua-Tech HOB Power Filter 5-15 for my 2.5 gallon shrimp tank. I set it up and it works great but it drips HORRIBLY. Is it supposed to drip so much?? I've never used this kind of HOB filter I've only used HOBS that were internal and stayed inside the tank. It drips a new, large, droplet ever 10 seconds or so. I laid towels underneath it but the towel is already damp.

Should it be dripping this much? Is there anything I can do to stop it? Or should I just put a cup under it and deal with it?
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

0 Not allowed!
    Of course they're not supposed to drip. WHat a horrible inconvenience fish keeping would be! First of all, do you know where it is dripping from?

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Yes Its dripping from the spot where the motor connects to the actual filter. There's no way to fix it. I further researched my issue and it turns out it is a known issue of the brand. There's no fixing it and the slow drip quickly turned into a steady stream. I immediately removed the filter and emptied the tank. I should be taking it back in the next few days for a refund. I'll be buying a new Penguin HOB online when I get the chance. Ugh. Finally had the tank's background paint dry and ready. So annoyed with this. I've had enough of defective products.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah getting defective products sucks. If you want one with a good warranty go with aqueon. Their filters have a lifetime warranty and when you have issues you just call to get an email address, attach a few pictures for them, and they send you out a new filter. They also have the nice feature that they will restart on their own after a power outtage since the motor is in the tank and not hanging off the back.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Hmm they're cheaper than the Penguin too. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll go with the Aqueon instead then :D

Awards Showcase

Medicine for what ails you. - Taurus cheers! - RiversGirl For passing yet another member ;-) - steeler58 a liquid lunch for you - RiversGirl BOOM! Have a gourami. - ~firefly~ 
    TGIF!!!!!!!!!! - Taurus hides the stick and gives you a cookie instead - RiversGirl TGIF *cheers* - RiversGirl more new fish!! - SeaLady Supposed to be a Neon but looks more like a Cardinal :) - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 It's Miller time! - Taurus A hot toddy for your crude. :-) - Taurus After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche You needed one! - Plecos 
    TGIF it's been awile ;) - steeler58 TGIF Indeed!!! - Compass TGIF It's Miller time and my lawn is mowed :P - Taurus Sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 To renew your energy from posting so much.  :) - WhistlingBadger 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    At least we now know what brand NOT to buy...sorry you had to learn the hard way, Gesp56
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Its quite alright. I've only had it for about a week. It was only about $10 from WalMart along with the $6 filter cartridges. I'll be returning it hopefully in the next few days. At least I noticed the drip in time. My desk is very old and made of wood. Not only would the drip have ruined my desk but it would have dripped down onto my computer and possibly have started an electrical fire or damage my expensive computer. Would've been pretty pissed about that. Currently the filter is lying in my other room drying out so I can return it. Hopefully WalMart just gives me a refund with no fuss.