· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Need help identifying some corals

0 Not allowed!
    Hello fellow aqurists well i have the problem that me myself cannot solve so i need the pro's help so some guy was giving away some reef rock with some corals on them so can you guys help me identify them

so heres the first picture

and the second one, it seems to me like one of them is dying?

and the third one, this picture has two red rings in it so i need to know both 1 and 2

and the fourth, sorry for the bad quality just couldnt zoom in better than this but there are bunch of these red small things coming out of the rock

and the last one the Fifth!, this one has somekind of a worm and there were millions of them that moved in with the rocks and was wondering if anyone could tell me what the name of these are and if it bad to have them ?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...l/_MG_0060.jpg

0 Not allowed!
    The first pic looks more like colonial hydroids or aipasia to me. Maybe even brown button polyp. Google some pics to be sure

The second one looks like a candy cane or trumpet coral.

Can't help with the rest
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    The first pic looks more like colonial hydroids or aipasia to me. Maybe even brown button polyp. Google some pics to be sure

The second one looks like a candy cane or trumpet coral.

Can't help with the rest

Thank you Cliff, well appreciated! its just that i need to get the names of them to being able to study them so i can take care and not killing them and thank you again

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry, but I forgot to mention the last photo that you posted a link to is a bristle worm. They are a normal part of a CUC that develop all on their own most times.

If you have a lot of them, that can be a indication of over feeding as they can thrive from uneaten food on the bottom of the tank.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    1. aiptasia
    2. candy cane or trumpet coral
    3. (top) looks like a small hairy mushroom?
    3. (bottom) zoanthids

your corals look uncomfortable and closed. they are fairly hardy species aswell. what is your lighting and water params?

get rid of the aiptasia asap. common nuisance in reefs. there are many methods of doing so, but I use a syringe with lemon juice. just a small shot into their mouths shrivels them right up.
    Last edited by Crispy; 07-24-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    Thar she blows!!!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    1. aiptasia
    2. candy cane or trumpet coral
    3. (top) looks like a small hairy mushroom?
    3. (bottom) zoanthids

your corals look uncomfortable and closed. they are fairly hardy species aswell. what is your lighting and water params?

get rid of the aiptasia asap. common nuisance in reefs. there are many methods of doing so, but I use a syringe with lemon juice. just a small shot into their mouths shrivels them right up.
    Thank you so much, well the water is at its best and the corals i have just put in like 3 days ago so maybe they are just trying to get comfortable, i know i need little stronger light, at the moment i have 2* T8 whites and want to have 1 white and one blue, and why should i get rid of the aiptasia? just wondering are they really bad for the aquarium ?

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    your types of corals will be ok with your light. after a few weeks if they aren't showing signs of improvement, try moving them higher up towards the light.

aiptasia is a type of anenome which spreads very quickly and can sting your other corals. most reef keepers try to eradicate them. they can really give you major headaches down the road.
    Thar she blows!!!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    your types of corals will be ok with your light. after a few weeks if they aren't showing signs of improvement, try moving them higher up towards the light.

aiptasia is a type of anenome which spreads very quickly and can sting your other corals. most reef keepers try to eradicate them. they can really give you major headaches down the road.
    Thats awesome to hear i already moved the candy cane higher up toward the light as it need moderated light so i hope everything goes well, and yeah because of the good summer weather i think my aiptasians deserve some good lemon juice hehe :D and thank you so much Crispy

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    no problem. happy reefing!
    Thar she blows!!!