· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default blue acara tankmates

0 Not allowed!
    so I have a 45 gallon tank and I know I don't have a ton of room to add anything else but what else could I add with my Blue acara.i would like it to be another SA cichlid if its possible.ive had him for over a year.my old firemouth died recently so looking to add something else in there.thanks for the help guys.any other suggestions for tankmates are welcomed.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz 
    fishies - Hardy85 The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA 
    cheers man - mojosodope Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy 
    lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    what ab0ut a super red severum? they are pretty neat fish. and w0uld compliment y0ur acara nicely. They d0 get big, s0 y0u w0uld basically end up with th0se 2 and maybe a few larger tetras.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Geophagus would work. I suppose you could do a convict but i've never been a huge fan of them.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    what ab0ut a super red severum? they are pretty neat fish. and w0uld compliment y0ur acara nicely. They d0 get big, s0 y0u w0uld basically end up with th0se 2 and maybe a few larger tetras.
    I do really like the severums.ive only seen red ones a few times by me.i do like the green and gold as well.you don't think it would get to big for my tank?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    They say 55 minimum with 75 recommended. You could probably have one in a 45. When it comes to new world cichlids if it fits in a 55 it should fit in a 45.
    "At some point you aren't making the animal more dead...You are just making a bigger mess." - Demjor19

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    the geos I don't think would be able to hold up with my blue acara.i used to own one and they are more docile.my fish isn't really aggressive but would consider her somewhat of a bully. if the severums could hold up with her I think I could try that. I also feel like ive heard the geo brasilienis are a little more aggressive.could they fit in with w her or too aggressive?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    was also thinking of a blood parrot.

0 Not allowed!
    I had a geo brasiliensis for about six months. They can be quite aggressive. It is said they can hold their own against adult oscars. It started bullying my salvinis so much I returned it to the store. I wouldn't recommend one in a tank that size with an acara.

Liters to Gallons conversion calculator

"Keeping fish for any period of time doesn't make you experienced if you're doing it wrong. What does, is acknowledging those mistakes and learning from them." ~Aeonflame
    "
    your argument is invalid." ~Mommy1

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok yea wouldn't want my BA getting hurt.love this fish ive had her since she was a inch big.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    BUMP some more ideas would be appreciated.still mulling over what to add.