· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    MTS redefined: M0RTAL TANK SQUANDERING!! L0L. Quite ambitious, I'm tingling all 0ver.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    So here is how im building my 2nd rack that is going along my wall - I am going to make a step system so no tank is under another. I plan to have a 3 high rack and the filtration will be all sponge filters. I plan on having a stem pipe feed for preset 75% water change. This will be controlled by a ball valve below the tanks all on a single feed pipe that controls the rack length. For fry protection I am putting a sponge over the outlet. Im also considering the sponge filter being on the stem pipe anyway and just make a tank high stem pipe with holes drilled in it to the water level line so the drain and filter is the same area and then I can give fish more cover and all that. Its also a way to plant all the tanks if I chose too.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    So, if I am understanding you correctly, you will have the bottom of the tanks drilled? With the stem pipe coming up and having a sponge over it.

For the plumbing it sounds like we are on the same page, except my drains will be on the back of the tanks. In my opinion this will pretty much mean that the water will be shared on the entire system since the whole rack is plumbed together.

Are you running a fill pipe to each tank?

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Correct, all drilled tanks. I want to see what the cost is going to be to buy all new acrylic tanks... I could consider 75gal acrylics with 2 dividers and make a drain for 1 tank rather than a bunch of different tanks.

Plumbing would not be shared entirely but partially. I planned on emergency shut offs on each tank if I needed to issolate a certain tank for an issue.

I am not running a fill pipe to each, I am simply running a hose and doing that manually because my water is already prefiltered from tap. It would be a little to much to put a fill pipe on the tanks and on a float switch. While the set up would be cool and easier, I dont have the plumbing skills to make that happen. If I could get someone who knew what they were doing, I may do that though.

0 Not allowed!
    i feel like no matter what plan I end up doing the tanks will need to be drilled (something I really am not comfortable with)

I keep going over the list of pros/cons of either a air pump system, or a sump system.

Easiest water changes will be with the sump system, which ideally would be my goal

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Im going sump with the wall rack I have but im going this route along my other wall. Bottom drilled tanks are easiest imo. They just require a lot around them. The big deal with individual tanks is individual care.

0 Not allowed!
    Don't most standard glass tanks have tempered bottoms?

0 Not allowed!
    Sandz, how about this set up.

Contains:
    4 - 40g Breeder
    2 - 30g Breeder
    7 - 10g
    6 - 20g Long
    1 - 125 Sump

Would allow for about a 100g water change just by draining the sump, could vac that tanks out like once a month

Capture1.JPG

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Almost none of my tanks are tempered - only 1 75gal.

I know you are always the deal hunter but I figured when you got your final set up you would just go to glasscages.com or something and order new. They would make sure they are all drilled to your specs and wants.

Here is a really crude drawing of what I think is the best way for your racks... it allows them to be shorter and have more space for your filters.

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know how I feel about the step racks. I figured if the top of the highest tank is around my height I'll be happy (6'2") and right now by that drawing I'm at 78" - so 4" taller than me.

How much would a new order on tanks be vs buying at say $1/gal sale...