· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I'll be posting a few more pics of the 75 later in the week. And I'll try to snag some better ones of the fish / fry

0 Not allowed!
    I think I know what the 2nd type of apisto I'll be getting is...

either Hongsloi II or Red Neck Apistos

I love the red bodies. Gotta look into them, the wet spot shipping is a bit tough though

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Dude those are awesome fish. I know I was eyeing them too.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    haha ok, if you like them that means my taste in fish is top notch

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    I appreciate the compliment lol. I love those little guys. I also want to delve into Apistogramma trifasciata

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Annnd:
    Apistogramma nijsseni

0 Not allowed!
    see the way I look at it right now is that the borelli will provide the blue fish, I just need the red fish

sadly when it comes to selling many of the fish locally it seems like ppl only care about color, and not what the fish needs. The Viegita's I've seen look amazing, even the female has great color... I've heard they are just a type of the macmasteri though

Awards Showcase

Because your not cool unless you gift yourself. - Carapar56 In memory of the one you lost. - Strider199 ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz Are you old enough to drink?  Oh, well, For JJ's fish! - gronlaura 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz Merry Christmas - mommy1 Sorry for your loss - KingFisher Sorry to hear of the old girl's passing - ~firefly~ Happy New Year - mommy1 
    Sorry for you loss, wish this was real. - steeler58 Congratulations on your 100th post! - fishmommie Thanks for the Rep! - steeler58 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Carapar56 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Carapar56 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Carapar56 HIV/AIDS - Carapar56 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Carapar56 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandz View Post
    I appreciate the compliment lol. I love those little guys. I also want to delve into Apistogramma trifasciata

http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/s...rifasciata.jpg
    You should if you get the chance!! I got my pair around april and they've been amazing in my 10 gallon. They've bred twice now, however they're yet to have fry. They're only about a year old so they're still kinda small. They're both showing gorgeous color after the addition of some Catappa leaves. Females are often underrated but with the Catappa leaves added she's been showing some gorgeous dark black markings and some tan-bright yellow coloration. You'll love them. Very peaceful and beautiful, the male's turquoise coloration is just breath taking :D
    My 10 Gallon Aquarium Journal
    20 Gallon: 1x Mikrogeophagus ramirezi, 10x Nannostomus beckfordi

~Formerly known as Carapar56~

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I look forward to getting back in with them. I have not had an appisto in my tank for a while due to moving so much.

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder how tough a sell something like this would be lol

I'm thinking a future fish room would actually be better on a concrete slab on grade rather than a basement (like an addition, porch, or garage). That way its easy to reduce moisture, drain water directly outside, and not need to worry about basement flooding during rain storms...

Water change system being easy is still something I am trying to design in my head.

Current and previous thoughts were to have all the tanks on 1 row drilled and plumbed to 1 valve (Each tank also having its own valve) and then it should just be as easy as opening that rows master valve to drain the water.

Re-filling the tanks would not be as easy though... having to treat each one with prime etc. Any thoughts on this from the peanut gallery??

For those who haven't seen my crazy planning before, I have something like this in mind

Capture.JPG