· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Water filter went out this afternoon......?

0 Not allowed!
    I have a marineland power filter, biowheel 200 for up to 50gal tank, in my 10 gal. I never expected any problems. With a planted tank, however, not sure if the filter had issues with plant waste. Anyway, it hasn't been working since I arrived home early this afternoon. I am on daily water changes so I can be sure it wasn't waste neglect in the Tank water accommodating plants etc. went through water chang, piecing apart and rinsing, running water through housing and impellor.

motor dead?
    Active Learning Consists of Engaging With Educated People, Being O.K. With Being Incorrect, Engaging in Conversation No Matter What Your Experience Level, Accepting Positive Criticisms, Offering Your Best Information, And Maintaining A Healthy Attitude. If you Are Not Speaking You Are Only Learning At Half Mast. No One Can Give Feedback On Your Thoughts, Only On Your Words And Actions.

0 Not allowed!
    Take it apart, see what the issue is and fix it?

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    first thing to check is the impeller...take it out, clean it, and degunk where it sits with a toothbrush if required.
    Unplug it, mine quit once and was very hot, once it cooled off it started again.

otherwise, hopefully your warranty is still good and you can take it back.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I thought I had taken it all apart and cleaned it. I took it to my local aquarium and they showed me the impellers mount pulls out. It's working great. I had a fatality though. My new sand loach buddy didn't make it. Aquarist explained that c02 drops to the bottom separating from oxygen and a little guy like that being a bottom dweller couldn't survive the lack of oxygen........ 12 hours :(

Everyone else is recovering. :)
    Active Learning Consists of Engaging With Educated People, Being O.K. With Being Incorrect, Engaging in Conversation No Matter What Your Experience Level, Accepting Positive Criticisms, Offering Your Best Information, And Maintaining A Healthy Attitude. If you Are Not Speaking You Are Only Learning At Half Mast. No One Can Give Feedback On Your Thoughts, Only On Your Words And Actions.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    【ツ】 - korith first fish for your community tank! - Cyberra a friend for your other neon ;) - Cyberra tetra #3 ;) - Cyberra looks like you like neons.... i hope - genocidex 
    because sometimes they school - genocidex a good school of neons is 6 minimal !!!!! - genocidex for playing along, gift of my choice!!!! - genocidex These seem to be quite popular... - ~firefly~ ...so here's another one... - ~firefly~ 
    ...and for luck, one more. - ~firefly~ 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Awwww, poor loach. At least everyone else is fine. :)
    1. 2. (No Picture)
    1: Planted Betta Tank 1, Grimsby (male betta)
    2: Planted Betta Tank 2
    3: Eclipse QT Tank

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for your condolences. I was really excited about that little guy. I put him in a quarantine bowl for at least and hour or so hoping for the best. I have heard people say they have had fish they thought dead yet managed to recover in good water. No such luck.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Namazu View Post
    Aquarist explained that c02 drops to the bottom separating from oxygen and a little guy like that being a bottom dweller couldn't survive the lack of oxygen........ 12 hours :(
    If that fish isn't capable of swimming to the surface then something else was seriously wrong.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He was capable of swimming to the surface. I don't know if you are familiar with loaches. The type I have are long and skinny serpent types. Their fins are too small for any real swimming. They slither more than swim and they sink really fast. it's more of a diving motion. They can wriggle up really quickly and drift back down a lot like the flying squirrel that doesn't actually fly. It appears to have wings, but they are only useful for gliding. Anyway, this fish being a baby just couldn't last as long without circulation in the tank. My nitrite levels also spiked overnight without the filter. I was already on daily water changes, long story. Thanks everybody.

I checked my parameters today and everything is great. Funny thing... My tank is actually healthier all of a sudden. Maybe the massive water change. I also cut back on feedings. My PH is excellent. Nitrites under .25 Amonia is 0. I bought a siphon vaccum so my filter doesn't have to work so hard. Previously I was stirring the substrate, catching large dibris with fish net, and letting the filter take over from there. I was having to do a lot of filter cleanings. Hope things stay healthy from now on.