· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 224 of 231 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2301

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep, I hope all is well with you ;-) - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Good to hear that things are settling down enough where you can join us again, but sorry to hear about the endlers...can't recall at the moment if you have snails or shrimp, but if so, they're probably responsible for the disappearance of the deceased fish.
    It's good to be back! I don't have snails or shrimp. I've also checked the tank twice daily, I'm not sure if a fish can be completely eaten so quickly? It's also strange that only the endlers are disappearing, while everyone else is doing well. In any case, gives me the chance to (eventually) get those rummies!

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBoof View Post
    So good to hear from you. I had been wondering how your EI dosing was going as Natalia and I have been using that method with amazing results for the last several months. I'm sorry to hear of your battles with algae. I had the same problem with the Finnex 24/7, which was one of the reasons I had wanted to switch to EI.

Sorry to hear that some of your issues in your personal life are still ongoing. I recently saw this meme and I had to laugh at how very accurately it portrayed my life. Hopefully it will give you a smile or two. Hang in there and hope to see you around!
    EI was giving me great results, but it has a huge problem. As it turns out, you actually have to dose the fertilizers for it to work. Go figure Seriously, all the plants were doing beautifully until I stopped dosing. The lack of fertilizers combined with the Finnex 24/7 immediately led to algae.

Just curious, would you mind sharing your dosing schedule? Are you using Excel?

And yes, that meme was spot on LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Boundava View Post
    Wow...welcome back! Computer is down here at work but when I saw your email update I had to jump on the site to say

Sorry about your algae woes and the mysterious endler issue (vote is the phantoms...big enough, though neons have been known to take adult Neo shrimp so could take an endler too).

Hope you keep us updated...speaking of which, how is goldie jr's tank going?

So nice to hear from you, hope life won't keep you too busy that you go MIA anytime in the near future.
    Thank you! I think I agree with you the phantoms are being naughty. They do look well fed!

Jr's tank never happened. He started high school and decided (wisely) to wait and see what his new workload was going to be. Then he got into all these AP classes and after-school clubs and got so busy he decided to wait on his tank. Smart choice. Othwrwise there would have been two neglected tanks at home.

Thank you for the nice "welcome back".

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Merry Christmas to you and your family Nat. - Taurus   Merry Xmas to you! - angelcraze2   Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    Smart choice for JR and congrats on his AP classes. Lots of work but nice to get the college credit.

Yeah I have been having some algae issues since I had to stop the CO2 in the tank temporarily-not fun. I had a bba issue on the anubias and java, but when the CO2 stopped and the EI ferts did not and the tank has been on hotter side recently too. So I developed a staghorn problem and the bba got worse-more like clumps of fine black fuzzy mounds. I have some little cousin ITs in the tank on some of my anubias leaves, lol. I also started dosing EI ferts around when Andre (Boof) did; though I wasn't as regimented in the beginning. I started dosing excel daily last week and will continue until the CO2 is set up again, it seems to have controlled what algae I have in the tank.
    5.5g- Shrimp tank
    Tub Tanks
    5g Opa Ulae salty tank
    Fish room-*pending*

TUB tanks:
    5.5 Shrimp Tanks
    Goldfish Tank
    Fish Room
    Salty Shrimp

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wgoldfarb View Post
    Just curious, would you mind sharing your dosing schedule? Are you using Excel?
    I don't mind at all! For my 55g:
    Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
    1/4tsp KNO3
    1/8tsp K2SO4
    1/8tsp KH2PO4
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
    1/8tsp Plantex CSM+B

I swapped the 55g for a 90g a week and a half ago, so I just doubled the amounts that I was dosing, although I keep the K2SO4 at the 1/8tsp amount since that isn't really needed.

I tried using Excel at the very beginning, but quickly stopped its use because it was damaging my jungle vals. I use a small CO2 setup now, instead of the Excel.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

1 Not allowed!
    Did your phantoms ever get over their shyness?

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To new fish! - Slaphppy7   Second round ;) - Slaphppy7   It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

3 Not allowed!
    Welcome back Goldie ;-)

I have not been that active myself
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Have a great Birthday! - discusluv   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   Hope you had a wonderful day. - Taurus   HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! - Silbar   
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler58   

4 Not allowed!
    Hiya Goldie! It is nice to see this update from you.

I'm curious about your endlers... didn't you get 2 cats? They could be gobbling any jumpers before you noticed, perhaps.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

4 Not allowed!
    Yeah, I caught one of our dogs playing with something on the floor last week. Turned out to be a neon that had jumped.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Birthday ;-) - steeler58   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Silbar   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Silbar   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Silbar   

3 Not allowed!
    back Goldie!!!
    Sil's 2nd Time Around 75G...Journal
    Sil's 75G...Journal
    Sil's 20L...Journal
    Sil's 10G...Journal

RIP Deb, we miss you.

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~Fortune Cookie

Latest gifts & ribbons:

1 Not allowed!
    Nice info.. awesome update

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep, I hope all is well with you ;-) - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

1 Not allowed!
    Now Compass needs to come back...wonder how his river tank is?
    Oh! Didn't know he was gone too. How long ago did he disappear?

Smart choice for JR and congrats on his AP classes. Lots of work but nice to get the college credit.

Yeah I have been having some algae issues since I had to stop the CO2 in the tank temporarily-not fun. I had a bba issue on the anubias and java, but when the CO2 stopped and the EI ferts did not and the tank has been on hotter side recently too. So I developed a staghorn problem and the bba got worse-more like clumps of fine black fuzzy mounds. I have some little cousin ITs in the tank on some of my anubias leaves, lol. I also started dosing EI ferts around when Andre (Boof) did; though I wasn't as regimented in the beginning. I started dosing excel daily last week and will continue until the CO2 is set up again, it seems to have controlled what algae I have in the tank.
    I don't mind at all! For my 55g:
    Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
    1/4tsp KNO3
    1/8tsp K2SO4
    1/8tsp KH2PO4
    Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays
    1/8tsp Plantex CSM+B

I swapped the 55g for a 90g a week and a half ago, so I just doubled the amounts that I was dosing, although I keep the K2SO4 at the 1/8tsp amount since that isn't really needed.

I tried using Excel at the very beginning, but quickly stopped its use because it was damaging my jungle vals. I use a small CO2 setup now, instead of the Excel.
    Thank you both for the info. For my 29 I do 1/8 KNO3, 1/16 KH2PO4 and 3 ml Excel on MWF. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I do 3 ml Excel and 2 ml Flourish. We'll see if it works. I do my Water Changes on Mondays, so on those days I also add 3 extra ml of Excel (so 6 ml total) and 1/8tsp of Equilibrium. Not sure Equilibrium is needed, but I guess it doesn't hurt anything?

Did your phantoms ever get over their shyness?
    Not really. They still hover towards the back of the tank. When I feed, they dart quickly to the front to grab their food, and dart right back. There really isn't a lot of hiding room in my tank, so even when they hang back you can see them, but it would be nice to have them more "in yoru face"

Quote Originally Posted by steeler58 View Post
    Welcome back Goldie ;-)
    [/video]

I have not been that active myself
    Thank you! It's hard to keep up with real life AND this very active (and fun) forum. Alas, real life usually wins. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by RiversGirl View Post
    Hiya Goldie! It is nice to see this update from you.

I'm curious about your endlers... didn't you get 2 cats? They could be gobbling any jumpers before you noticed, perhaps.
    Thanks RG! How are your fishies doing? Any new tanks?

I was going to get 2 cats, until we found out my son is allergic to them. So, no cats. I know there are hypoallergenic cats, but for some reason my kids were not too enthusiastic, so the idea died a quiet death.

Page 224 of 231 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 ... LastLast