· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 223 of 231 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2301

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    God to hear from you Goldie, so sorry about the jobs and your Dad, but glad he is doing better. I hope you guys find some great jobs-it is not my favorite thing to do. Also good luck with the algae, stranger.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank
    Fish room-Astt tanks;all sizes

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome back - mac   So sorry for your loss :( - steeler58   Good post on FBK's thread - steeler58   No Message - SueD   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife have lost your jobs. I know that's stressful; I went through something similar once a long time ago and it was really upsetting. But in time I got a better job. I'm pulling for the two of you to find great new opportunities soon!
    100 gallon planted freshwater:
    7 x Boeseman's Rainbowfish, 11 x Cherry Barbs, 4 x False Julii Corydoras, 2 x Bristlenose pleco, and 1 common pleco who foils all my efforts to capture him

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your luck has to get better... - Slaphppy7   positive wishes for your troubled tank! - SeaLady   Flowers to sooth you - lots of stress lately. - DebinWhitmore   You are the cycling queen - Silbar   your right ;-) - AmazonJoe   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - cajunqn81   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great Idea THANK YOU - eltylT   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   Happy Holidays to you!  See you on the 6th! - Boundava   
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura   

2 Not allowed!
    So good to hear from you. Glad your Dad is okay and good luck to you & Mrs. Goldie in the hunt for jobs.
    75 gal - Smudge Spot Cories, Silvertip & Pristella Tetras, Scissortail & Red Tail Rasboras, Pearl Gourami, Black Kuhli Loaches, Whiptail Cats, Wild Caught BNP
    Dual 29 gals - Diamond Tetras. Harlequin Rasboras, Bloodfin Tetras
    10 Gal - Mr. Betta's Fishy Paradise

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Gods Country, Eastern High Sierras, California

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

It's a hot toddy. - Taurus   Here's to the "blue ribbon" tetra! - Slaphppy7   Hope you had a happy birthday! We are both March babies :) - discusluv   Good to hear from you again! - Slaphppy7   Happy Independence Day! - Slaphppy7   
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7   

2 Not allowed!
    I'm just glad to hear from you, sorry you have had so much bad luck lately :(
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep, I hope all is well with you ;-) - steeler58   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Happy Holidays to you!  Miss you at the forum. - Boundava   

Cool Back from the dead

7 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone. I know I've been away for several months. As you may recall I had lots of stuff happening at home, some of which is still ongoing. In all of this I've barely managed to keep up with tank maintenance, let alone with the forum. I figured it was time for me to post an update and (hopefully) start visiting regularly again.

My tank has not been completely happy, but things are good considering my lack of attention. As you might recall, several months ago I started having algae problems because I had switched to a stronger light. I had managed to more or less control the algae by fertilizing to let the plants outcompete the algae. Well, in the past few months I managed to keep up with water changes, but wasn't very diligent with fertilization, which led to lots of algae once more. I finally turned off the light for 3 weeks, which made the algae go away but also affected my plants, which have suffered somewhat. I am now starting to fertilize again and have turned the lights back on. Surprisingly, though, my Elodea has done incredibly well, growing incredibly fast, and helping to keep nitrates down. I'm happy about that.

The fish seem to be doing very well with no losses in spite of my "less than perfect" maintenance -- with the notable exception of my endlers. I'm not sure what is going on, but every so often one or two will simply disappear. No body or remains to be found, they simply vanish. The first time I thought I had missed the body, but after the second time I started checking the tank carefully twice a day for any dead endlers. I am now down to just 4, and have not found a single dead one! I have the suspicion they are somehow becoming lunch, but can't really imagine the neons or red phantoms being large enough to eat an endler. So, the mystery remains. Once I manage to regain full control of my plants and algae I will probably replace the endlers with rummy noses.

I will try to more or less get up to date on everyone's journal, but don't make any promises. Some of you (cough-SLAP-cough) are much too large to even try!

Happy to be back!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My fish say Thank You - KoryKat   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   Enjoy your weekend my friend - Taurus   Happy Birthday. - gadget228   Happy Belated Birthday! - Silbar   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady   

4 Not allowed!
    What a pleasant surprise to hear from you again after all of these months!

Good to hear that things are settling down enough where you can join us again, but sorry to hear about the endlers...can't recall at the moment if you have snails or shrimp, but if so, they're probably responsible for the disappearance of the deceased fish.

Glad you are back, stay in touch!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy V Day! - WhistlingBadger   Glad you tracked down the coral killer - mch1984   sorry to hear about your twin spot. - bpete   Let the gift giving begin, Merry X-mas ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holidays to you! - Boundava   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - BluewaterBoof   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BluewaterBoof   

2 Not allowed!
    Goldie!!

So good to hear from you. I had been wondering how your EI dosing was going as Natalia and I have been using that method with amazing results for the last several months. I'm sorry to hear of your battles with algae. I had the same problem with the Finnex 24/7, which was one of the reasons I had wanted to switch to EI.

Sorry to hear that some of your issues in your personal life are still ongoing. I recently saw this meme and I had to laugh at how very accurately it portrayed my life. Hopefully it will give you a smile or two. Hang in there and hope to see you around!

when-life-gives-you-lemons-comic.jpg

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Champagne for the holidays. Cheers! - mermaidwannabe   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Hope you feel better soon - Silbar   Thanks for the feedback, have a hot dog, LOL - Slaphppy7   You need a friend for Beauty, since Ghost was a meany - Slaphppy7   

4 Not allowed!
    Wow...welcome back! Computer is down here at work but when I saw your email update I had to jump on the site to say

Sorry about your algae woes and the mysterious endler issue (vote is the phantoms...big enough, though neons have been known to take adult Neo shrimp so could take an endler too).

Hope you keep us updated...speaking of which, how is goldie jr's tank going?

So nice to hear from you, hope life won't keep you too busy that you go MIA anytime in the near future.
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

2 Not allowed!
    Now Compass needs to come back...wonder how his river tank is?
    75 Gourami/Eel tank

75 Gourami Tank

Fish Room

DebinWhitmore

Page 223 of 231 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225 ... LastLast