· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default EEZY's 55g planted

1 Not allowed!
    So on November 10 of 2015 I had my tank torn down, which for the past 9 1/2 years I had kept an elongatus piranha. Seriously, the definition of a species only tank. After the tank been torn down for about a month I decided what I finally wanted to do with it and begin the search for all of the items I would need. First things first, I decided I wanted a planted community tank. However I had not decided what fish were going in it yet and I knew I could get my cycle started just by putting a few plants inside the tank and getting the water parameters straight. I'll start posting some pictures of the equipment that I purchased; and what the tank look like before when it was just getting set up to what it looks like now.

-E
    55 Gallon Planted W/CO2 Injection. Regulator from Green Leaf Aquariums. Lights from Current USA. Filter Rena Filstar-XP3 Rena Filstar XP-M. Fish? Just ask...

2. Default

1 Not allowed!
    IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

that's all folks, gotta get ready for work...on Christmas Eve...can't wait. Hope everyone has a happy holiday!

Will definitely upload more pictures when I get home...provided I have the energy. Regardless, pics are coming

-E
    55 Gallon Planted W/CO2 Injection. Regulator from Green Leaf Aquariums. Lights from Current USA. Filter Rena Filstar-XP3 Rena Filstar XP-M. Fish? Just ask...

3. Default

2 Not allowed!
    Awesome! Totally looking foreward to seeing this develop.
    Love the DW too.
    What kind of substrate is that?

4. Default

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    Awesome! Totally looking foreward to seeing this develop.
    Love the DW too.
    What kind of substrate is that?
    Carib-Sea Eco-Conplete, and thanks, like I said, it was just set up on the 10th of November, so its developed...quite a bit. Just now getting around to the journal, and slowly leaking the pictures I've taken over the time period. Thanks for the compliment!

Happy holidays to you and AC

-E

5. Default

3 Not allowed!
    Well AC, I've got enough energy to show you the first plants going into the tank lol.

November 14th
    IMG_1070.jpg

November 19th
    My Striped Raphael Catfish -Meatball, one of the first three members in my tank. Barry, my Betta, and Sunny-D, my Albino Bushynose Pleco.
    *Unfortunately Sunny-D died recently, my post about it can be found here v Will post more.
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?t=122763

Happy Holidays

-E

IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1086.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg

Awards Showcase

You need a few more tetra's ;-) - steeler58 Thank you for the rep :D - afro123 Happy Holidays! - Boundava Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 
    Merry Christmas! - mommy1 A christmas gift to myself.... - Anders247 Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos Have this gift, Merry Christmas! - Faded Merry Christmas! - DebinWhitmore 

1 Not allowed!
    Looks good!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    IMG_1085.jpg

Picture Taken november 18th

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Do you have an idea of what the final stocking will be?

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded View Post
    Do you have an idea of what the final stocking will be?
    Currently there are two German blue ram cichlids, one striped Raphael catfish, one round tail Betta, two oto catfish, and two Siamese algae eaters. I'll probably get another Pleco. Any suggestions are welcome.

-E

1 Not allowed!
    Your SAE and raphael will get pretty big, 5-6" or so, and have a pretty good sized bioload, so I wouldn't add much more....you could up the oto school, they're social and do best in groups of 10 or more.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers