· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would it work?

1. Default Would it work?

0 Not allowed!
    After tank(55 gallon)moderately planted is completly cycled and all parameters are good for adding the fish do you think I could go with the following list of maybes?3-5 silver dollars ,12 tiger barbs , at least 6 cories , and 1 gourami. Nothing has begun yet , I'm just curious if they COULD all live together in harmony if they chose to?
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    The silver d0llars will likely eat all y0ur live plants.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the headsup longshot . Do you know of a floating plant that would be safe or will they eat ANY plant?

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    I think they will eat th0se as well, the little devils.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Duck weed, it would likely grow back as fast as they can eat it. But once you add it to a tank its darned hard to get rid of.

As for stock, tbs can be little devilish fish. Im not sure how they would act in a 55g, but they were demons in my 29g. I had a gourami with them and they nipped its fins so much, the gourami being bigger snapped and killed 4 tbs before i could bat an eye. I would sugest a less nippy fish. If you want to keep plants stay away from silver dollars as longshot said.

You might want to look into a single angel maybe? A gourami could be houed together, up the school of cories to 12 to really get some enjoyment out of them. And a nice school of dither fish would be nice. There are some tb look alikes that arent so nippy, the banded bard is one of them. Or you can get black ruby barbs, they color up very nice when they get ready to mate. Or if you wanted color, flagfish are nice, congos as well. With an angel and gourami you could even add live bearers not too many fry would make it past them.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My silver dollars have been OK with sword plants, crinum natans or Crinum calamistratum (forget which one I have), onion plant and a large anubias tied to driftwood. The first new anubias leaf to appear had a bite taken out of it but after that the plant has been left alone and has grown quite well. Must not have tasted very good.

No stem plants will survive these guys.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think the angels would be nice. I hadn't thought of them . Could the SD's be with the Angels along with the Cories ,and the Black Rubies (if I can find them) ? If so how many Angels would be safe together? I hope I'm in the correct forum with this post. If not please tell me where to go.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks genocide I think I'll do some research on the angels

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'll research those too Sue thank you all. Are Swordtails a good fish not to be nippers , or are they a good tankmate to be with the Angels? I'm sorry ya'll , I'll do some reading up on these suggestions then get back to ya'. I know ya'll gotta' be getting ready for dinner so I'll let the typing rest for a bit . Thanks for the help so far though.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    Lol, all the questions are fine. Tbh you can research up the wall and still get different opinions on here. Ive never kept swords before but platys are very similar and i never had an issue. The reason i was advising against the sd was because they are large schooling fish. I think they would be happier in a larger tank with dither fish. You can get a pair ( buy 4 babies and hope you only get 1 male. And it pairs up. Then rehome the females.). Or just pay extra for a mated pair. The black ruby barbs arent too rare and never bothered my gourami.

Just glad you are doing research before throwing fish in.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!