· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    if you are going to do co2 then make it yourself instead of buying it off ebay. its super easy to make....

heres a basic idea of the system...
    CO2 diy.jpg

the yeast bottle you can use a 2 or 3 liter bottle, the foam remover (i dont know the technical term) you can use a smaller bottler, the bubble counter you can buy or make out of a small bottle, and the defuser you can buy...

all in all it shouldnt cost you more than $20. you might want to put a check valve in there some where as well...
    Last edited by genocidex; 07-19-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 

0 Not allowed!
    OH and i also forgot, with diy you might want to seriously consider a drop checker... they are easy to make if you have a very precise scale... just look up diy drop checker, or buy some 4DKH solution.
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=386401

saw that, if you are interested in a more reliable source of co2.... good deal lol
    gotta love them bunnies!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm gonna c if I can get that thx a mil nice system they want 140 I could prob get her down it is used and all I need is a bubble counter n I'm set.
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a rescued Siamese fighting fish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    And a diffuser of sorts. But in allreality you can get 20oz pb cylinders for cheap and that forum has a member who sells the pb aquarium regulator for 100 shipped. If you could get ur hands on a 5+ pound co2 canister then theres a good regulator you can get for 100 shipped.
    gotta love them bunnies!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    1x Red Sea CO2 Pro System 500 Deluxe with Solenoid, don't have the original bubble counter anymore, 2x 20oz empty paintball bottles, 1x Refill kit to fill the paintball bottles yourself with regular CO2 tanks

So to make it work all I need is a bubble counter and you said diffuser? like an air stone or something better? Also I'll need a regulator which will cost around $100 to make that system work? I understand the co2 canisters I don't mind paying for those but what exactly do you mean about the regulator? I really don't wanna have to dish out $100 for one is it necessary? anyway to get a cheaper end one?
    Long time fish keeper most experience with CA/SA cichlids, natives like sunfish, and aggressive catfish.
    Currently have a 29g planted with 14 candy cane tetras, 6 sterbai corys, 6 melini corys, a rescued Siamese fighting fish and 1 mustache wearing albino longfin pleco.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    no no, that person is selling the regulator and tanks

you need, a regulator, tank, co2 line, and diffuser. that is the basic set up.

without the regulator, the co2 tank would just empty in the matter of minutes. it regulates the amount of co2 released into the tank.

the diffuser helps the co2 absorb into the water. if you have a canister filter (highly recommend) i would get an inline co2 diffuser. if not get a class mesh one. also something else is good would be the drop checker. that shows you how much co2 is in the water.
    Last edited by genocidex; 07-23-2013 at 08:24 PM.
    gotta love them bunnies!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I bought it and have back tank filters he has a powerhead diffuser all he said I need is a bubble counter how about this one? looks good to me and it's cheap I'd like some input on it since I have no idea if it's good or not he just recommended it to me. I need to buy it soon he also said I can just refill the paintball tanks at dick's sporting goods which isn't far.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...iglink12186-20

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

0 Not allowed!
    i wouldnt rely on that one for too long, you need a brass/metal one tbh. that one will work as a fast fix but is possible it will break. check out ebay. they will run you >20$ and will have a check valve with it. i didnt know he had a diffuser.

hate to sound like a broken record but drop checker should be high on your list too. you can get a cheap one here as its not too delicate.

edit: this would be a better plastic diffuser, it has compression bolts on it to keep the tubing on better.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CO2-Bubble-C...item5d40cca572

and heres a cheap brass one.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CO2-Brass-Bu...item20d49295b4

spend the extra 5$ on a better counter.
    Last edited by genocidex; 07-24-2013 at 03:08 AM.
    gotta love them bunnies!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Too late already ordered that one but it's no big deal to change things up once I get it; I got her down to $90 shipped and the equipment new is like $240 pretty good deal imo.

You linked 2 bubble counters not a diffuser I plan to see how the one she gave me works before I buy a new one but please recommend me one (I'm worried the powerhead diffuser might be too strong current wise for my tank). I'm an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure kinda guy so odds are I'll end up getting the brass bubble counter you recommended too; wats an extra $13+ shipping anyway when it's a major part.

So what does a drop checker do measure the co2 levels? plz feel free to link a good one as well.
    Last edited by FishGuy67; 07-25-2013 at 01:21 AM.