· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    In that case the expedit is out and you want something that allows you to use a 2215 filter. You'd want 40cm or 15, 16 inches height for one of those.

Another tip, if you do decide to go for an eheim classic, get the plus edition that includes the taps. The taps make doing maintenance very simple.

Awards Showcase

got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 
    So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly 
    Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie 
    For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks again talldutchie,

If I AM able to use a canister, the Eheim Plus 2215-37 is the one I have my eye on...
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Lovely filters.

Awards Showcase

got otos - cm12setx otos -- yay - RiversGirl Oto - SeaLady Heres to getting the fish we like and the 4th of July wich was nice enough to be on a friday! - steeler58 Using some of my winnings on friends and you probably could use some coffee :) - steeler58 
    So very sorry :( - steeler58 TGIF! May the good Lord be with you and your family Matt. - Taurus Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly 
    Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie 
    For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone,
    In a few hours i will post some pics of the piece of furniture I was considering on this thread...it really is a sturdy piece, I already own it, and it already has storage space...

I would like each of your honest opinions on whether I should try using it or not...I'm almost willing to bet the weight that is on it now (stereo equipment, 32" CRT (not flat) TV, and large stereo speaker) is close to 300 lb. if not more...If I can use it, great, if not, then i will find an alternate

Sorry for going off the original subject matter, but I'm good at that sometimes

Thanks again for all of the wonderful help and advice...

M-

0 Not allowed!
    This thread has been very informative, both for the canister info AND the stand info! As a newbie about to get a canister and struggling with finding a low cost stand, all this info is great!

Plus, surprisingly, I think I actually have something to contribute!

Quote Originally Posted by talldutchie View Post
    You're getting it! A spraybar usually sits about half an inch over the water. The return water rains into the tank and gets air in. Another popular way to return water is with a lily pipe. Very popular with the aquascaping crowd because you can create flow without disturbing the surface and losing precious co2.
    In all the reading I have been doing I learned that another way to position the spray bar is just under the surface of the water, tilted on a slight upward angle so that it ripples the surface without splashing.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I'm back, everyone...glad you have had fun with it, wgoldfarb!...the folks here at the AC are always willing to help, all you have to do is ask...and yes, I can see the spraybar working in that position quite well, too...

Anyhow, on to the pics....this chest of drawers (I guess is what you'd call it) is at least 30 years old, according to the wife...it was her mom & dad's when she was a kid

I was wrong if I implied it was all hardwood, it's not, as you'll see in the 2nd pic...the front of it looks to be 3/4" solid wood, as is the trim on the front and sides...the top looks to be thicker solid wood...but the sidewalls look like very fine grain particle board to me...the backing is just that cheap nail-on panel stuff (they had that 30 years ago?)

This is how it sits now, with the TV, stereo stack, and one of my old classic giant Fisher speakers that Angie wants me to get rid of

Here's a fuzzier pic with the drawers removed:

I'm thinking I could cut a piece of 3/4" ply to replace that "panel" stuff in the back, I KNOW that would shore it up a bit...

The desk is 69" long, 33" high, and 18" deep, meaning the tank would fit exactly along the edges of the front and back of the desk, with room to position it on one end or the other, or in the middle...

Thoughts/opinions/recommendations greatly appreciated!

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    It was explained to someone somewhere on this forum years ago the reason it's not a good idea to put larger tanks on dressers is because they are not designed to hold that much weight on the top. The supports are just not there. It does look like a solid dresser, but if you look inside the supports for weight are side to side not up and down. It is solid and it might be ok, but it's not specifically designed to hold 450-500 lbs on the top, so it might not be ok.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Sorry for going off the original subject matter, but I'm good at that sometimes
    I think it's ok to hijack your own thread, but you might want to contact a moderator and ask about the rules.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    It was explained to someone somewhere on this forum years ago the reason it's not a good idea to put larger tanks on dressers is because they are not designed to hold that much weight on the top. The supports are just not there. It does look like a solid dresser, but if you look inside the supports for weight are side to side not up and down. It is solid and it might be ok, but it's not specifically designed to hold 450-500 lbs on the top, so it might not be ok.
    Thanks for that, I'm beginning to believe that this would not be a good idea myself...it "looks" solid, but looks can be deceiving, I've learned...

I'm thinking 40 gallons of water may not be that fun to clean up, along with a pile of collapsed wood and pieces of wood wannabe..

Thanks for your truthful and brutal honesty, as always...I respect your opinion greatly

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Badger 1 View Post
    I think it's ok to hijack your own thread, but you might want to contact a moderator and ask about the rules.

Lemme see if Cliff is available to ask...that darn Slap gets sidetracked constantly

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast