· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    The doors can actually be pretty easy to make.

All I did was first make/leave the opening for the door in the stand. I then cut the wood for each door 2 inch wider and 2 inches taller than the door opening. Once I was done finishing or painting the stand and doors, I used flush mount hinges (pic below) to attach them to the stand. I also added the door handles before mounting the door. You can also get a little creative and add some wood trim when you make your doors as well

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Cliff!

Here's my revised drawing using the exact dimensions of my tank:

The crossmembers at the bottom may be a bit further apart than the top, to allow room for the canister filter...or, I may just place a little shelf on those CM's and place it there, up off of the floor.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

No Message - Ms. Namazu starting the round off - Hardy85 The more the merrier...cheers! - Slaphppy7 I are as drunk are not I think are you. - Sandz fishies - Hardy85 
    The fishies are coming! the fishies are coming! - Sandz This round's on me... - Slaphppy7 For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA For being a good sport, objective and one of the most respectful people on here.  Cheers, brother. - KevinVA cheers man - mojosodope 
    Heck, it's 5 o' clock somewhere... - Slaphppy7 Everyone loves pie. - Honey Badger 1 Nice work my friend - Honey Badger 1 nice work! have a beer! - Crispy lol, someone had to say it. - KevinVA 
    Thanks for the rep, and for all your help! - wgoldfarb Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - mommy1 Hey Longshot, haven't seen your mug around here lately.  Hope everything's ok! - KevinVA 

0 Not allowed!
    @Cliff- I certainly like the gusseting and diagonal bracing y0u put in 0n th0se stands, that adds a T0N 0f stiffening p0wer t0 prevent the frames fr0m torquing. beautiful touches.
    When in d0ubt read it until it makes sense, then read it again!

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaphppy7 View Post
    Once again, back to the styrofoam pad...in looking at the link Cliff gave earlier, he is actually using a piece of foam board insulation on one of his tanks...is that what you are talking about?...if not, I guess it would still work fine, if he did it
    Not sure what type of foam that is - maybe the same as mine, but Canadian!!!!

Mine is white styrofoam, like the coffee cups are made of. Do you have Menard's in your area? That's where I got it. I just cut it to size with a kitchen knife. Should be the same dimensions as the stand.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

Have a cyber-miller and forget about "trolls" first person I saw that did not like you, LOL!! - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie welcome back from vacation - showmebutterfly Congrats on 10,000 brother! - KevinVA Have another for reaching 10,000 posts!! - steeler58 
    Here's to the next 10,000 posts. - Compass To the 10 grand man! Congrats. - Taurus 10,000 posts is worth a monetary donation - well almost :o) congrats - fishmommie For wanting to try something new! - steeler58 Have a cup pn me for some great conversation this morning :) - steeler58 
    T.G.I.F. back at you buddy! - steeler58 BEER!!! - Compass Here's to 11,000.....woe!! - steeler58 T.G.I.F^2 - Taurus for playing the cory game - cm12setx 
    Cheers! - nickellmama27 6000 posts! You'll have to take that thread to a publisher! - Compass Have another beer for another milestone ;) - steeler58 6000 -- wow - RiversGirl Heres to Bacon Beer :-) - Taurus 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gronlaura View Post
    Not sure what type of foam that is - maybe the same as mine, but Canadian!!!!

Mine is white styrofoam, like the coffee cups are made of. Do you have Menard's in your area? That's where I got it. I just cut it to size with a kitchen knife. Should be the same dimensions as the stand.
    No ma'am, no Menard's...I though it was a hobby/craft store, but the website looks like it is like Lowe's or something. I will find something similar. It doesn't affect your careful leveling?

Also not quite sure how I am going to hide it once it is in place.

0 Not allowed!
    I have used the same foam on my last 4 or 5 set-ups. It fiber glass Pink foam insulation. I use the 3/4 inch foam board. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes. I cut it to the exact size of the tank then cover all the edges with back duck tape before I put it on the stand. That way, you don't notice it once the tank is sitting on it.

Make sure the stand is level before you put the foam and tank on it.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I have used the same foam on my last 4 or 5 set-ups. It fiber glass Pink foam insulation. I use the 3/4 inch foam board. You can get it at Home Depot or Lowes. I cut it to the exact size of the tank then cover all the edges with back duck tape before I put it on the stand. That way, you don't notice it once the tank is sitting on it.

Make sure the stand is level before you put the foam and tank on it.
    Thanks Cliff, sounds very easy...I was actually considering elec tape, but black duct tape would probably cover and stick better.

And yes, I will be CERTAIN it's level before tank placement...gronlaura outlines how to do that in her dual 29 thread.

Awards Showcase

Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 
    My turn to buy - fishmommie It's EOTW Beer Time, so here's a Cafe Latte that looks like champagne in a bucket! - KevinVA Congrats on the cycles! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the Rep and the gift :) - steeler58 Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass 
    T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Thx4 - pRED For your new tetra's :) - steeler58 pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Good job on your amazing tanks! - SeaLady 
    thank you for all the helpful information - showmebutterfly new fish! - RiversGirl I like your signature - aquariumlover10 Happy AC anniversary - SeaLady Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    No ma'am, no Menard's...I though it was a hobby/craft store, but the website looks like it is like Lowe's or something. I will find something similar. It doesn't affect your careful leveling?

Also not quite sure how I am going to hide it once it is in place.
    I would think any home improvement store would have it. It does not affect the leveling. I have my 900 lb 75 gal sitting on it, no problem.

I am going to add decorative trim moulding around the entire stand (even the back). It will be high enough to hide the foam and the tank frame. Being that my 75 gal sits on an industrial shelving unit, I hid the foam with 3/4 inch black electrical tape. It sticks to the foam and matches the black tank frame.

In this photo (with Roz the cat), below the white sand is the black tank frame, then the 3/4 inch electrical tape, then the gray shelf support rail, then the 2nd shelf (which is white) and it's support rail. The tape has the same look as the tank frame.

2013-03-04 20.02.35.jpg
    Last edited by gronlaura; 07-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    My 75 gal - Gold Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Longfin Leopard & Zebra Danios, Bristlenose Pleco
    My Dual 29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Amano Shrimp, Black Neon Tetras

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Looks very neat and clean...and it looks like Roz is itching to get at those fish

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Looks very neat and clean...and it looks like Roz is itching to get at those fish
    She was watching on of the BNPs on the broccoli. I just read Cliff's post - he has an even better idea than mine, using black duct tape to cover the foam edges before putting it on the stand. I think I will try that, just to make sure the foam is covered.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast