· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Deep Blue 3B 2 Gallon Pico Reef

0 Not allowed!
    I've had a 10 gallon reef that has been sitting basically dormant -- aside from a few hermits -- that I've decided to downsize. I just picked up the tank today; a Deep Blue 3B tank. It holds just under 2 gallons. Light and pump will be ordered once I sell my CPR Bak Pak off the 10 gallon.

Plans for the tank

Aquascape:
    1 inch sand bed
    small LR structure in center

Equipment:
    Coralife Mini T5 light
    Hydro Pico Evo-Mag 180

Livestock:
    3-5 hermits(I know I still have at least 3)
    1 cerith snail
    1 nassarius snail
    1 astrea snail
    1 peppermint shrimp
    soft coral

As it sits on 7/16/13
    Last edited by Special K; 07-17-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    will be interesting to see how this progresses! I've seen some really nice little pico's! Will be keeping an eye on this thread...

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm excited to see how it all comes together, too. Gonna be a whole new world working on this small of a scale. Haven't even tried this small with freshwater.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Been a while since anything has happened. Was trying to sell my BakPak before I moved forward with the tank, but I just got tired of waiting. So, I took a trip to the LFS today and had them order me the Hydor Pico 180 and a Hydor 7.5w slim heater.

Decided that I'm going to go with an 8w LED fixture instead of the t5 lights. So, that's the reason I'm getting a heater. Gonna order the light off Amazon after I get some money my friend owes me.

Also, plastidipped the back of the tank today for my black background.

Last edited by Special K; 07-25-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    50g African Cichlid Tank ♦ 30g Planted Community Tank ♦ 2g Pico Reef ♦ 45g Hex Goldfish Tank ♦ 10g Planted Betta Tank ♦ 55g Oscar & JD Tank ♦ 40g JD Juveniles Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Smart little tank. I look forward to seeing this one progress.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ordered my LED fixture last night. The pump and heater should be in to the LFS on Thursday. Hoping that stays true, and the light comes Thursday. I'm ready to see this thing up and running.
    50g African Cichlid Tank ♦ 30g Planted Community Tank ♦ 2g Pico Reef ♦ 45g Hex Goldfish Tank ♦ 10g Planted Betta Tank ♦ 55g Oscar & JD Tank ♦ 40g JD Juveniles Tank

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    of course you are anxious to see it up and running. its not like you have any other tanks to look at or take care of...oh, wait...

lol!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Progress! Got the heater from the LFS yesterday, still waiting on the powerhead to come in. And the light and timer came today.

A little bit of modification to the tank and my plastidip job, so the bracket could fit over the edge and the suction cup could stick.

And the final result. Really pleased with the light. The build quality seems good. The output seems good. 8W looks like it will be plenty. The color is probably in the 12000K-14000K range, my cell phone just had no idea what to do with the light color.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ran into some money troubles, plus the lfs never got in the powerhead. But, I recently started working again. So, money is coming back in my pocket. It's time to get this bad boy running. Built and painted the stand tonight. The powerhead will be here tomorrow or Thursday. And it will be up the day I get that powerhead.

standempty.jpg

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Got it all set up and running. Really loving the way to rock work turned out. Think I'm gonna move the little one forward a bit, as it's getting shadowed by the power head. These pictures really don't do the tank justice, but you get the idea.

Stock as it sits now:
    2 electric orange hermits
    3 cerith snails
    2 nassarius snails
    1 feather duster

Stock to be added:
    1 sexy shrimp
    zoas
    ricordia
    acans
    green star polyps

Cloudy:

Clear: