· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That makes sense because I looked at the package to see where I saw the 2week filter change. It was the filter package and the filter is designed to collect the BB in the Bio wheel portion of the filter which should never be changed according to the maker marineland.

I am going to reuse filters anyway to save money. And I will start using tank water to rinse it.
    Active Learning Consists of Engaging With Educated People, Being O.K. With Being Incorrect, Engaging in Conversation No Matter What Your Experience Level, Accepting Positive Criticisms, Offering Your Best Information, And Maintaining A Healthy Attitude. If you Are Not Speaking You Are Only Learning At Half Mast. No One Can Give Feedback On Your Thoughts, Only On Your Words And Actions.

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    You can cut the cartridge with the carbon in it, dump out the carbon, and replace it with filter foam, like in this picture.

AquaClear-50-Filter-Foam-Insert-A613.jpg

That will last a lot longer than the carbon and provide much better mechanical and bio filtration. When the bag starts to disintegrate you can move the foam into a new cartridge without losing too much bacteria.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Brutal honesty will be shown on this screen.
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Tolerance is a great thing to have, so is the ability to shut up.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    good info. What about plant particles slowing down my filtration ie leaves? I was thinking of using a mesh or nylon over my filter so it doesnt suck leaves into the filters housing.
    Active Learning Consists of Engaging With Educated People, Being O.K. With Being Incorrect, Engaging in Conversation No Matter What Your Experience Level, Accepting Positive Criticisms, Offering Your Best Information, And Maintaining A Healthy Attitude. If you Are Not Speaking You Are Only Learning At Half Mast. No One Can Give Feedback On Your Thoughts, Only On Your Words And Actions.

Awards Showcase

Happy Mother's Day! - Slaphppy7 For 7,000 posts!! - steeler58 Thanks for the rep!! - steeler58 For working with new fish keepers! Outstanding this month. - Taurus Just Because - Surfdog 
    A round for the fallen this Memorial Day weekend. - Compass I had no cup, so I put it on a bun... - Slaphppy7 You are amazing! So smart and giving. - SeaLady Can't give you any more rep, but well said! - steeler58 Thank again!! You seem to enjoy your coffee. - steeler58 
    Thanks for the rep!! - Compass this doesnt look like pie... not the right kind.. - Sandz for providing solid guidance to others - RiversGirl Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass cheers - Fishhook 
    Using up my winnings on my friends! - Compass No Message - Fishhook beeeeeeeer! - Sandz Bottoms up! (even though you don't drink, lol) - Slaphppy7 We miss you... - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    That is when you use the bucket of tank water to rinse off the media and put the media back into the filter.
    When I go fishing I just place a sharp rock in the water and sit there waiting for all the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think the leaves are trapping up my motor propeller thing and not making it to the carbon filter my water flow gets restricted. when the carbon filter needs rinsed I can tell because water starts spilling into the tank from the filters overflow shoot. When the propeller is blocked it just doesnt intake as much water and my biowheel doesn't spin because clean water output is too slow.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Then you need to clean the impeller and the area it sits in. Depending on how often your filter needs it, take the impeller out of its housing and clean it off then clean out the housing itself, put the impeller back and reassemble the filter. If the impeller is getting very gunky you might want to consider a pre-filter on the intake. They look something like this, but you could probably make your own for cheaper.

maxi_jet_prefilter.jpg

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think that is what I need. Thank you Honey Badger.