· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    ^^ Sounds like a good plan to me!
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal

40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal

0 Not allowed!
    welcome to the forum. MTS is a very serious condition, this just happens to be a support group for many of us... we have yet to find a cure and it seems as though the number of tanks is always growing...

but thats not a problem

I started with a 55 in october, added a 10g in Feb, then two more 10g in may and just swapped the 55 for a 75
    The Dirty 75
    11 Parva Rainbow, 2 Platies, 14 Sterbai, 4 Calico BN Pleco
    My Triple 10 Stack
    My First AC Thread

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    Any thought yet about filtration? Canister or hang-on-back (HOB)? I am setting up dual 29 gals and am going with Filstar Rena XP-M canisters and Hydor ETH 300W inline heaters. If cost is a factor, an Aquaclear 70 (AC70) HOB filter and an Aqueon Pro Heat 200W heater will do a nice job for you. If possible, order all your equipment online and save big $$$.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    @gronlaura: yes, I am settled on canister filtration, either an Eheim 2211 or a 2213... the main reason i am considering the 2211 instead of the 2213 is that I read that too much current can be bad for some plants,d helps deplete CO2 from the water, and that a planted tank needs less filtration anyway. Officially the 2211 is rated for 40 gallons so it "should" be enough, but everyone here says to get a filter rated for twice your volume. So, I am not sure what the right level of filtration is.

I also recently saw and LOVED the Hydor inlines. How much wattage do I need for a 29 gallon? I had assumed the 200 Watt was enough, but I see you have 300 watts for your 29s?.

I really want a very clean look, so canister filtration and inline heating takes a lot of clutter out of the tank and out of sight, which I really like. For the same reason i am considering the 21" marinestar hidden led system, although I am reading conflicting info on whether it is enough light for low light plants.

I already have a list of online vendors (actually, you gave the list to me in my very first thread in the beginner section a few days ago!) so I am shopping online intensively :-)
    Last edited by wgoldfarb; 07-16-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Awards Showcase

A toast to your next year! - imma24 Happy Anniversary. - Strider199 <3 - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For being the 1500th poster to my thread!..thanks! - Slaphppy7 
    For the safe arrival of Judi's Discus!! - steeler1 Thanks for all your help - JoeH Merry Christmas! - steeler1 Merry Christmas! - fishmommie Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Happy Holidays! - Rue Merry Xmas! - Sandz Merry Xmas You Filthy Animal!! - Hardy85 Congratulations, on MOTM!! - steeler1 
    Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Happy New Year - jeffs99dime Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 just because. - 1Sarah Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

0 Not allowed!
    The reason I am looking at the 300W heater is that in the winter I lower my thermostat when I'm not home and overnight. The house gets pretty chilly, like 64-65 degrees. When I'm home it's around 69-70 deg. I need enough wattage to keep the tank at 77 deg, which is a 12-13 deg difference from the lowest room temp. I have two 250w heaters in my 75 gal and no problem with tank temp in the winter. I would rather have the extra wattage and know I won't burn out my heater.
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    My 75 gal - 10 Gold Pristella Tetras, 4 Scissortail Rasboras, 9 Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, 5 Longfin Zebra Danios and 2 Regular Fin
    My Dual 29 gals, a work in progress - Tank 1 - Amano Shrimp, Peppered Cories, Tank 2 - Glowlight Danios and a Calico BNP

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

0 Not allowed!
    I had found this calculator that suggested I need a heater of 146 watts, but this is for submersible heaters. Are inline heaters and submersibles comparable in terms of heating efficiency ?

The reason I don't want to just get the 300 is that the hose sizes are not compatible with the outlet hoses of the 2213 (Hydor is for a 5/8" hose, and the Eheim uses a 12mm hose, which is about 1/2". I guess I can try getting an adaptor, or just forcing the hose in place with heat, but if the 200 is enough I can avoid all this trouble)

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello and WELCOME the AC. GREATEST FISH SITE EVER .
    ask ?'s and change some water pair of JD's and loving it.